Foreign Song Recommendations

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Aug 8, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm looking to add more diversity to my playlist so I'm looking for some foreign songs to purchase, and of course much better if they are offered for free! I'm mostly looking for pop or dance songs in French or Spanish but I'm open to hearing any good song in any language, really. English songs from other English speaking countries like Canada are also welcome in this thread!

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever watched an anime? If so, then you probably know that the songs in some animes are very good. For starters, you could try to listen to the opening songs of the following animes on YouTube:
    Flame of Recca
    Hunter X Hunter
    Slam Dunk

And what about the songs in some foreign video games like Eyes On Me of Final Fantasy VIII and Memories of Life of FFIX.

I'd also like to recommend the song "With a Smile" by Eraserheads and 214 by Rivermaya.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love Flame of Recca's intro song! Thanks for reminding me. I'll be checking out all these other suggestions you gave. I do watch a few anime cartoons here and there but not that often, but i admit most of the songs they use are worth paying attention to. Anyway, thanks again for the recommendations! Will be checking them out.

Looking for more, guys, please keep the recommendations coming. :)

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what genre of music you like. For French songs, I say you should try Sirenes de la Fete by The Brazilian Girls or Que Veux Tu by Yelle. If you like K-Pop, try Girls Generation, Boa, BIGBANG, Super Junior, DBSK, or others like that. If you like J-Pop, you should try Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Perfume, Chemistry, Hikaru Utada, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and more like that. If you like British/Australian songs, try Black and Gold by Sam Sparro, All Fired Up by The Saturdays, Once by Diana Vickers, The Weekend by Michael Grey, and more. Hopefully, this is helpful.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only foreign band that I listen to is the German rock band Rammstein, but since you are looking for foreign pop songs, then how about looking for songs from the French band M83? I love their song "Midnight City" so I guess the rest of their songs must be good.