Forever 21 Jeans

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Liv6 • Jul 18, 2015.

1. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased two pairs of the same Forever 21 jeans as the store offered them for a decent price (roughly $21). They fit me perfectly, which is especially satisfying for someone who is quite short with huge thighs. :p However, I made the mistake of putting them in the dryer after I washed them. Word to the wise, never do this with Forever 21 jeans; they have a bad habit of shrinking and any "frayed" portions will need to be ironed afterwards. I am somewhat dissatisfied with my purchase as a result, but I do recommend the jeans if you do not mind having to air dry them.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've had bad experiences with drying forever 21 jeans, too. It drives me nuts...I want a product that I can wash AND dry, especially something like jeans which really shouldn't be a hassle. Yes they're relatively cheap but it's for a reason in this case.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Yikes! I’ve heard good things about their fit, but I hadn’t heard that this was an issue before. Guess I’ll have to steer clear. I know technically jeans aren’t supposed to be tumble-dried anyway, but I prefer not having to wait for days to wear my jeans after they’ve been washed.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    First of all, jeans however the cost or name will shrink and fray. That's the nature of denim unless there is elastane or lycra in them, that stop them shrinking. If you buy jeans, always buy a size bigger because they will shrink, that's why they were called, 'shrink to fit'.

I have some Forever 21 jeans and they are thinner, but cheaper too, so don't tumble dry them, because most don't recommend it fora good reason.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Yikes! I heard good things about the Forever 21 jeans but not about thia issue. Though, I have no problem air drying my clothes as we live in a sunny country. It actually is saving on electricity when we do not use the dryer.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like the quality of Forever 21 jeans because they're not very durable. The fit doesn't quite work with my body shape either. I have only ever bought one pair and as I wasn't bowled over, so I decided never to go back there. I do like their accessories and will also pick up a few pieces of lounge wear here and there, just not the jeans. In my opinion, there's very little difference between Forever 21 and Primark. You basically get what you pay for.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never got one but heard they are not that good quality... They fade out quickly and look ugly in a short period of time. My friend for one and said it ripped within a couple months. They might be worth it for the price but I prefer to pay a little more for quality jeans

8. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    Thankfully, they have been through a few washes now and don't look that worse for the wear. However, I would like to purchase some new skinny jeans soon just in case as I'm heading off to college. Where do you go to shop for quality jeans typically and are they generally on sale during this time?

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's exactly the experience I had with the one pair I got from them. They were also very flimsy, an the dye ran. I didn't like them at all. I would even go so far as to say that they were the cheapest quality jeans I ever got! I much prefer the types of jeans I can wear for a very long time. So I would happily part with a lot of money, knowing I'll get great quality. My favourite brand jeans are Miss Sixty; they don't come cheap, but they're well worth it.

10. Malarie

MalarieNew Member

Threads:
    I used to have a pair of jeans from Forever 21 that I thought were great. That was years ago, and I feel like the quality HAS gone down! I recently tried on a pair and the fit was strange and the material just seemed thin. I know that the price is good, but it just isn't worth it to me, since I'd have to buy multiple pairs over time. I really like the jeans at Old Navy, I've had several pair last a long, long time.

11. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like Forever 21 relies on advertising more than on quality. I found myself having bad experience with this brand, particularly with all clothing made purely or partially with spandex, which shrinks after washing for the first time, besides changing from a silky texture to a completely dull appearance, grr.

12. ShadyGiraffe

ShadyGiraffeNew Member

Threads:
    I never understood all the buzz around Forever 21. I mean for starters, their stores are a mess. Though they claim otherwise, it seems like all their clothing is thrown together with no rhyme or rhythm. Am I the only one that gets annoyed by when I jeans, shorts, and tank tops all on the same rack? Anyone? And then, when you finally manage to find a decent looking piece, it is impossible to find one that is your size without scouring the rest of the store for a good hour. To top it all off, the fabric wears down after a few wears, and is very low quality in general. Every time I purchase something from the store I have to wash the item by hand or it will shrink and/or fade. I wonder if this is in all Forever 21 stores or just the ones in my area. Let me know!

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never owned or bought any clothing from Forever 21, but judging from the comments here, it seems like their items are of poor quality. Most cheap brands are usually of poor quality anyway, so it's better to buy the more expensive one.