Forever 21

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by jleadbet • Nov 28, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Because of my age I've never set foot in this store until today. I thought it was only for the young and hip. While several things are only for the younger set, I was pleasantly surprised to find the jeans fit me well, and there were a lot of cute sweaters, tops and shoes someone older would feel comfortable in. The place is dirt cheap too. Not the greatest quality, but it will do for a little while.

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I love Forever 21. I love their bohemian styles and the prices are, of course, great. I personally think their styles can fit any age. It just depends on the person's styling. Like when my mom was going through her conservative mom - strict businesswoman stage, I would have never taken her to Forever 21. But now that she's loosening up and wanting to look a bit younger, I have no problem taking her there. But I will admit that some of the tops are too short, too thin, or too low-cut for her. So, I solved that problem by teaching her how to layer. And the style looks sooooo pretty on her. :)

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently walked into a Forever 21 for the first time too. I was only taking a short cut through the mall. I was really surprised to see a plus size section. The clothes are incredibly cheap though. They had great prices on tank tops.

4. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    It's been years since I've been at a Forever 21 but I would probably go again if the mood struck. I'm not sure if I ever bought jeans there, but it is great for tops and they are super cheap. I know how you feel though about walking into a store like that and feeling a little out of place and maybe "too old", perhaps that's why I haven't shopped there in a while either. However, the clothes there truly can be suitable for all ages.

5. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I love Forever 21! It's a great store to find cheap prices for clothes. Plus, I also love their accessories. Very cute and hippy styles. :)

6. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I have mixed feelings about Forever 21. I think the quality is awful. I also don't like how some of their designs blatantly copy other designers - not an inspired-by piece, but Forever 21 has been accused of and guilty of copying 100%. While the price may be cheap, you can probably be a better shopper and find those prices at higher-end stores or department stores by having coupons, shopping sales, etc. But, it's a great place to try a trend if you're not sure it's going to look good on you or not. I personally don't go for the very trendy stuff - a lot of the clothes are for younger people. But, I really like their Love 21 line, which is a more mature, contemporary brand they have.

7. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    There's so much merchandise in the stores, finding something worth purchasing is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I prefer similar European brands like H&M or Asos. I know what I'm going to get for the most part and I won't have to wade through the crap or deal with snotty dressing room attendants.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love Forever 21's style and cuts for women. I also love the fact that they have developed a line for men as well! Nevertheless, the color of their clothing is what has drawn me into being into them.

9. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I guess the name says it all - 'Forever 21' sounds like it is geared towards people who like a fresh and young look. I have never heard of this store but as a 40 year old woman, I think that I would probably avoid it too. Now that I read this thread I might wonder in if I come across one in my travels. No guarantees that I will buy anything but it never hurts to have a look.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Forever 21 is great when you need something cheap....as you said, quality is not the best but it's not the worst, either. And they have some surprisingly cute stuff!

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Interestingly enough, I'm not out of my twenties yet, but I feel like I've outgrown Forever 21. I used to shop there often, back when I thought hunting through racks of clothes was a good time. Now, not so much anymore... but maybe once I'm in my thirties I'll see the appeal again?

12. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's a neat store for the younger crowd but not for myself per-say. I don't like to show a lot of myself rather wear clothes that shows my legs and have a little class to them such as a nice suit with a nice blouse. But this store is nice for the young ladies. They have nice things there and my daughter use to shop there all the time.

13. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I love this store for my 15 yr old daughter. It's nice stuff, cheap enough, and it's at the mall!