Forgoing Cat Sand To Save Money?

Discussion in Pets started by moneymania • Apr 23, 2017.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My pets are all litter trained, and when I was just introducing to them the litter box, there was soil in it so that they could cover their pee and poo. But eventually, when they got used to it, they still pee and poo in the basin when I don't put soil in there anymore. I think that's the better option as well if you want to examine their pee or poo for blood, worms, consistency, etc. So I would like to ask fellow cat owners if you are willing to forgo cat soil or sand in your cat's litter box so that you can save some money?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think it's a good idea cause the pet feces can stink. In that case, the sand is needed to cover up the smell. Anyway, a regular trip to the vet should be able to tell you if the pet has medical problems, hence, there is no need to examine their poo etc..

Oh, by the way, as far as savings are concerned, it's another question of quality of life over savings. Sometimes, the quality is worth the higher price.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely don't think it is worth it, especially when sand or even cat litter can be purchased pretty cheaply.

I'm allergic, so I don't have cats, but I know lots of people who do. I think they must become immune to the odor. I would not advise then to avoid using kitty litter. Instead, I'd suggest finding it on sale. I'd even help them look for coupons.

If you try a shopping club or warehouse club, you might be able to buy in bulk. If you aren't a member of any of these, you might ask a friend who is to pick some up for you (or see if they can get you a discounted membership). You could also stock up when there is a good sale on it. Around here, cat litter goes on sale in the winter time too, since some people use it instead of salt when there is snow and ice.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    [​IMG]

This is city Kitty, This magical thing will save you $2000 dollars a year because you wont be needing to buy kitty litter anymore because you will train your cat to use the toilet bowl for just few weeks. It works for kittens and it works for adult cats as well.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Eww no. I don't like the thought of them weeing and pooing in sinks that the rest of the family use. It's probably me just being too fussy but I think cats should have their own toilet area and if they can go outside even better. My cat (bless her) used to go outside and do her business for most of her life. It was only at the end when she became a little incontinent that I let her use a litter tray.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Citykitty don't train cats to do their business in sinks, This device train cats to be toilet trained in toilet bowl. Some cats who uses it even learns to flush. It is able to train kittens to elderly cats.