Former Laptops Are Durable And Of Good Quality

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Gad • May 31, 2017.

1. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    Not long ago,I decided to get myself a second hand laptop.It was a Lenovo x201.It gave me good service and I was able to do my school assignments,gaming and other necessary uses and everything went on smoothly until I decided to upgrade.I got my self a brand new machine.It has not even lasted for a month and I have already taken it for repair a couple of times.I tend to believe that older machines(models) were of better quality and were made to last long.On the contrary,manufacturers have been producing half baked machines with the aim of making more sales and at a frequent span.I have since decided that whenever I want to get a laptop,I will go for a older model e.g a 2010 one.This will save me money and ensure that I stay for long before replacing it.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Not lasted for even a month. That must be faulty piece. Normally this not happens. If you have purchased new laptop then it must be in warantee and you can ask for replacement if you are not satisfied with the new laptop.

I think new gadgets are more good in compare to past. In new features and in durability too. That's what my personal experience is. I never found anything what you mentioned.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is true for old lappy materials and spare parts are better and in good quality compared to the latest make or brand of laptop. The only difference is the system for it is not upgraded. Nevertheless, it could be upgraded if you want to.

4. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    As some have stated, it's odd that you had to take it to be repaired several times only after a month, it must definitely be a faulty laptop and you should request that they replace it.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Zero@Zero Exactly. There is no meaning of repairing the new laptop if it is just one month old. If laptop is faulty itself then better to get replaced instead of repairing as later on it may cause more problem. This happens sometimes, but yes not a regular thing. I don't think new laptops are that bad. Lol

#5Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  6. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    It more sounds like the laptop was faulty and should have never been bought in the first place that is why even though used ones are less costly should go for new laptops. Even though the new laptops are worth more then the old ones and are more expensive the quality is a lot higher and the new laptop will last for longer. You should return it and ask for a refund although it may not work considering if someone sold you a faulty laptop they probably will not give the money back. You should still try as to gain your money back and try and find a new better laptop that actually works.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I also noticed that the electric fan from the same brand that was bought in 1998 was more durable than the fan bought on 2009, the switch was faulty. I guess that goes for almost all appliances, the companies tend to make inferior products nowadays to makes the sales of their products brisk.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    The Lenovo brand of of computer was rated the best in some reviews,however you should really not buy a used computer-because these retailers who offer these warranties,really do not have the resources to support customers when dealing with computer problems. Also the used computer is sometimes infected with a virus or it could have damaged hardware as well-so you taking a gamble at that.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think the old production line surely was a good and lot of those laptops were long working for people. I have managed to make use of my dell and lenovo laptop to go for longer period of time. That being said, laptops can be seriously hard to get in good condition these days. Most of the HP laptops are seriously troublesome. I'd never even choose to buy them at any cost. I'd go for dell and lenovo instead.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I somewhat agree. I'm using my dad's ancient Acer laptop which is 10 years old and still running fine, although it's a bit sluggish when running multiple software at once. My cousin is a computer technician and he told us that he has a lot of clients complaining about brand new laptops they recently bought and now it's either broken or comes defective. I have plans on upgrading but still don't know what should I get.

11. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I have to disagree with you on that point overcast.I have been using a HP 15 laptop for the past 4 years with no problem whatsoever.Even before that I had another one which was also good but I had to sell it to buy a new version.Personally I trust HP with all my work and I know my PC will not fail me.Since I have not worked with so many brands I do not not know for certain if the older versions were better.Nonetheless,I would still recommend HP to anyone looking to buy a good PC.I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with yours but don't let that deter you from using HP again.In my case,I have had my fair share of trouble with the Lenovo 15.6"ThinkPad E575 Notebook.A friend of mine once referred me to it when I was looking for a good machine but within the first week of purchase I was fed up.The speed was not to my standard and I found it quite bulky.Lucky for me the store had a return policy and I got my money back.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I do agree with you that the old production of lapteys is quality guaranteed when compared to the latest one. Or it may be not un fairness to the recent products of laptops.

I am using my 6-year old e-machines laptop. It's still functioning. It has served me perfectly for my writing online job as well as offline.