Found Easy Way to Save on My Bills

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by sikau • Oct 23, 2013.

1. sikau

sikauNew Member

Threads:
    I ran across a website about a month ago that claimed it could save me money on the majority of my household bills --

. Please note that this is available in the US only right now I think. It took me a couple of weeks of researching and debating a bit over whether it was legit...but the research I did gave me the confidence to give it a shot (has been around a while, lots of positive reviews, excellent BBB rating, etc). So, I signed up, emailed them copies of my bills and waited for a response. Within a couple of days, Veronica got back to me to ask a few questions and give me the steps to set her up as an Account Manager so that she could negotiate bills on my behalf. She also let me know that in my state (Colorado), my utilities are regulated and therefore not up for negotiation, but that she could help me with my cable/internet and cell phone bills. I got her set up, and a couple days later she messaged me back to let me know she could save me about $22/month on my cable and internet (while getting me more services than I currently had) and about $17/month on my cell phone bill for the same services I currently have.

If they don't save you any money or you don't like the offer, you don't owe them anything. I like the offers and accepted them, so the way they get paid is we split the savings 50/50. This means that out of the $39/month they're saving me, I will pay them $19.50 a month (or I can pay them all at once and save an extra 10%)...it's all broken down on the website. So, for the next 6 months, I will be saving $117. I'm pretty happy with that. I also asked them about whether they can negotiate insurance (car, health, home, etc)...Veronica said they do have a team that does that, but they've had a big influx of requests so are a bit behind. She promised to let me know as soon as they are available to take a look at my bills for those things as well.

I know that I could have called these businesses myself, and I have in the past, but it's a pain and I honestly hate doing it. I'm excited to have somebody else do it for and to still come out ahead. I wanted to be sure I actually used this service myself, for my own personal bills, before reviewing it or recommending it to anyone. I'm happy to answer questions or give more specifics if anybody else is interested in my experience beyond what I've written here.

2. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    This seems a bit fishy. Did you have to pay for the services or how did that work?

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like they are the middleman negotiating for you. I have a few red flags on their service. I would not want a third party knowing my account numbers, my personal information, and my bills. There is too much at stake. They would even have to know my phone number and the last four of my social security for some bills. Too risky in my opinion. I would much rather do it myself than pay someone.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Most of those services offering to cut one's bills or helping to pay them are usually fishy schemes to get part of that money that you would better use to restructuring your debt, or to pay in part or in full your outstanding bills.

5. sikau

sikauNew Member

Threads:
    I agree that it seemed fishy to me at first as well. However, I found that they have been around for a few years now and I did not come across any really negative reviews about them, and their BBB looked good as well. I didn't have to pay a single penny up front, I was informed throughout the process before any changes to my account were made, and I have received all goods and services as promised. Nothing unusual has appeared on any of my accounts, no weird charges, etc. Everyone that I spoke to on the phone and/or emailed with them was professional and courteous.

I recommend doing your own research on it, perhaps test them out by submitting a bill you aren't too worried about (maybe your trash bill or something small like that, that doesn't have heavy security) and giving it a shot. But of course, this is a service of convenience...you can always call and try to negotiate your own bills down yourself. Like I said in the original post, though, I've done that, I hate doing that, and I'm willing to share the savings with this company if it means I don't have to do any of the work.

I tend to get pretty excited when I find a company or product I like, and enjoy singing praises when I feel they are deserved. But I'm also very big on not just taking other people's word for if something is legit/a good deal/etc. I'm pretty hands on and I think others should be as well. Personally, I'm happy with the service I was provided and have not run into any issues. I absolutely hope that others will have the same experience if they decide to give it a shot. If anything weird does happen, you better believe I'll come back with a serious update!

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I find it a tad the contradiction to have to pay someone in order to not have to pay so much on bills. I am not a fan of paying for a service that is supposed to help me pay less money to less people. It seems like the opposite goal for both parties. On the other hand, if it works for you congratulations on finding something helpful.

7. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The silly thing about all of this is that you have to pay money to save money? It seems that you already knew how they were getting you these ways to save on your bill. I don't understand why you would feel the need to pay for a service you already knew how to do.

8. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    How much do you have to pay them, though? How much they will save you in 6 months divided by 2?