FPL program to help save!

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Mrs. Pirz • Apr 12, 2012.

1. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    If you cannot afford some of your bills but others are lower you can talk to FPL and join one of their savings programs. They calculate your average usage within the last 12 months. The next 12 bills you get will be that average and will not change no matter how much you spend. The next 12 billing cycles will have the difference of the amounts split into a little amount extra on each bill so you're not paying the whole missing amount in one big payment but instead you are paying off the debt in 12 smaller additions.

They also have a Low Income Assistance program where those who make less than the poverty line than that of your area can be assisted by the government. They pay part of your bill but there are certain requirements to be elligible.

These programs helped my parents make their payments, maybe it can help some of you as well.

2. allison

allisonNew Member

Threads:

Great tips! I want to add that most companies require your account balance to be 0 in order to set up the budget billing. This is what I am having problems with, :).