Fraudulent sales.

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Lostvalleyguy • May 20, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I was saving up some money to buy an unnecessary but wanted gadget. When it comes to items like this, I like to save ahead and pay in full at the time of purchase. I had been looking online and had narrowed down the options to the point where I was looking for the best price.

Wouldn't you know it, a sale on exactly what I am looking for is on at one of the physicals store where I had been browsing online. This is great, I can pop down there and buy my item, have it immediately and not pay for shipping. When I get there, it is marked down by 30% - only there is a problem. The posted "regular" price is higher than the price I had seen online. This was one of those sales where prices are discounted at the till so they don't say the sale price. I can do the path and wouldn't you know it, it will cost the same as if it weren't on sale. The online price was raised during the sale period but it is now back where it was.

The lesson I have learned is to never shop at this store. I suggest that if you are looking for a gadget, you write down the normal price before you buy it on sale. I suspect that this happens more often than we are aware.

2. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. I have never experienced anything like this. It sounds rather annoying. Companies need to be transparent when it comes to their products. Its a bad business model to say one thing and do another.

No one likes hassle. Its best to avoid the companies that bring you hassle.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's also one of the fastest ways you can lose a customer.

It reminds me of those items you find marked down as discounted but if you were to compare the prices of those discounted items at other places you'd find that they [the prices after the so-called 'discount' has been factored in] are way higher. I'm thinking most companies believe buyers are more willing to buy something if they hear that a discount has been slapped on it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read that some stores don't really mark down their prices and they just mark it as "discounted" just to attract buyers. I think that that is outright deception, so I agree that you really have to take note of the price that you were eyeing on so that you won't be deceived.