Free Anti-virus For Our Desktop

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Nov 13, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The free anti-virus that is installed on our desktop had an expired registration. The message said that we have to purchase a paid version of Avast. And since Avg wouldn’t run under Windows XP, we are now looking for another anti-virus that is free from the internet. Do you have any suggestions? I am actually looking for suggestions based on their experience and not just what you had searched for I can also do a search. What I need is the review. Thanks to those who will respond.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In fact you can use a free anti-virus but it doesn't have all the features that a paid version has. Besides the chances are that you will get frequent notification from the provider to upgrade depending on their free trial period. You may ignore those warnings but what I believe that the role of antivirus is not properly done in case it's a free version. You can use Avira for sometime (1 year)

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have also been looking for a free antivirus but never found. Any antivirus you download from the internet will only work for 30 days and will require you to pay before you continue using.

At my place, I was advised to go to the cyber and get kaspersky installed in my laptop. That is the only way you will get to enjoy antivirus for many years without need for paying and upgrading. You just have to pay less to the cyber people so they can install a permanent one for you.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    360 Safeguard, a product from China, is popular but the trade-off is that it exposes you to advertisements.

Going free for one year isn't a bad idea, but considering that WebRoot and maybe others are only around 20 USD a year, I don't see the big deal in buying.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My friend installed COMODO which is very good and free. I've found cybereason ransomfree that is also free and works like a charm. I've had some problems with my laptop's cursor. I bought a mouse M185 wireless and has a battery. My cursor was not responding and I don't like the pad at all. I got touch freeze which is free too. Microsoft has a built in security called Defender, but you've got to manually start it. So you got to search for it on your windows and get it going. All free and works wonderfully. Good luck and you're welcome in advance for the information.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have a hard time trusting free apps when it comes to the important things, but at the same time I am sick of hearing so many different things from different companies. I guess I am just not sure what to believe anymore.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried buying pirated or cracked versions

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I too faced the same problem and then my brother downloaded symantec anyi virus which is really good in protecting you from unwanted viruses and sites. It priorly gives alerts when it senses ome trouble. It is really a wonderful anti virus. I hope this is helpful for you.

9. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:

is the best antivirus that you are going to get for free. It uses to be a paid service but they have since made it free. I have been using Kaspersky for the last 5 years and I have never once had a virus using their software. And I highly recommend it to anyone.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually Windows Firewall protects your system if you have an authentic version of Windows and you can use a free version of antivirus if your are not opening lesser trusted sites regularly, (I hope you know what I mean - read X Rated Sites which is one of ways of getting your system infected). I suggest use an authentic operating system or go for Ubuntu OS which is almost absolutely free of viruses.

11. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think AVG and Avast are two good anti virus that you can use on the desktop. And this can be good enough for the scanning and other tasks. I thik Komodo and few other free antivirus are good too. I am currently making use of the antivirus which is free and less annoying. And it seems to be doing lot better on most of the protection levels. So it's good that way. I prefer to make use of it that way.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I am using 360 Total Security for my computer and 360 Internet Protection for safe browsing. This is a free antivirus and I have been usng this program since a year and there has been no problem for me. Before this I was using panda Cloud, free version, and it was also a good program.