Free Book Giveaways From Goodreads

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by dannyluke1 • Jun 30, 2016.

1. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I just stumbled into this nice section of the book website GoodReads where there’s a regularly updated list of books being given away for free. If you are an avid book reader, you should definitely check out the website. These are books being given away by either authors or publishers. All you have to do is enter the giveaway and winners will be chosen randomly.

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well of course you got my attention with the word free, and I was even more happy when I saw that it was free books. Even if I am not able to directly benefit from the giveaway, I am glad that the product being given away is positive. It sure beats a free greasy taco or something else along those line. Get a good free book and get reading.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I looked around for it. I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but this is a

to Giveaways on Goodreads. They're pre-releases by authors, and readers can enter to win free copies. I think there are probably other sections of the website with additional freebies, but these would probably appeal to those who like to be the first to read something, or who are particularly interested to read the next book by a particular author.

4. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a neat way to introduce several works from different authors other than the mainstream ones (R.R Martin, Stephen king, Asimov etc.).
    I would check that one and see which ones I find fancy to read.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! Thank you so much for the info OP. I clicked on the link that @Diane Lane@Diane Lane provided and so far I'm not yet done entering giveaways since there are just so many books to choose from. Oh, how I wish I'd get chosen for at least one or two of them! :) This is one of the things I love about this forum - the opportunities for giveaways and freebies exclusively and firstly handed over to members and guests. :)

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing @dannyluke1@dannyluke1 :) I'm an avid reader, and it can't hurt to look! I hope the freebie books on GoodReads are a lot better than the ones I sometimes get from Amazon. Oh my! I've come across some of the weirdest stuff on there, books that I feel should never have seen the day light of day. I figured most of them are new self -published authors promoting their material. I became so frustrated with them to the point where I swore off them. But I'll check out the GoodReads ones and see what they are about, for sure :)

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I've had the same issue @Lushlala@Lushlala, and I don't like wasting time on books that never should have been published. Of course many people think they're good writers, particularly if they've only been read by loved ones who offer copious amounts of support, but perhaps they should seek some feedback from outsiders, prior to publishing. There are some I've read that are acceptable but not fabulous reads, and those are o.k. sometimes, but it's really nice when I find the occasional fantastic book among the mediocre reads. I am planning to spend some time looking around on GoodReads, as well, and hopefully will stumble across some great reads.

@gracer@gracer I also love that about this site. I find out about things I wasn't aware of, and sometimes they end up really helping me out. I love the Contests and Sweepstakes section, as well as Freebies.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Diane Lane@Diane Lane...Amazingly, out of the countless free books I've got via Amazon, I've only ever unearthed ONE good one! I've observed that the free ones are usually by unknown authors. I've now concluded that they offer freebies as a way of marketing their work for a limited time, and as soon as they've generated some publicity they'll then start charging. I just wish Amazon would vet them to ensure that they're worth flogging, that way we'd all save ourselves the energy and time.

9. katjamas

katjamasNew Member

Threads:
    There is a lot of interesting books in the giveaway. Self-help, business themed books, stories and a lot more. I participated in over 10 giveaways, but it's bad that they end only after almost 90 days which is a long time to wait for a giveaway. I will already forget about applying to this after 3 months :D

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Yes, 90 days is a long time for this sort of giveaway, when the value of the item isn't that high. I suppose it helps to draw attention to the authors' and books' information, and people probably click on over and see what else the authors have written, and potentially purchase some items. I've done that in the past via the emails I receive from BookBub. Sometimes the book I click to look at isn't all that interesting to me, but when I arrive on the Amazon page, there will be another book by that same author, or one that Amazon recommends or others buy instead, that will catch my eye, and I'll occasionally purchase one or more of them.

11. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    From all the giveaways they have on Goodreads right now, I'm really hoping I could get one of those children's books listed. My son also loves to read and one of our bonding activities is book reading together. It would be such a delight to receive a free children's book in my mail soon! :)

12. Burungu

BurunguNew Member

Threads:
    Sounds like Goodreads has it's own ebook lotto system. I am wondering if you have to do more than just sign up. Is there any more to it than that? And how many times can you win something? Hopefully it is more than once.

13. zaheerz

zaheerzNew Member

Threads:
    Been using good reads for quite sometime, Glad more people are becoming aware of this awesome website.

14. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I am on Goodreads, however, I am not active there. I have not visited the site since ages. This website is for readers, book lovers, writers and authors. Readers and book lovers can talk about the books they read, they can even review books, and writers and authors can promote their books. Now that I hear about the free books giveaway, I will log into my goodreads account.