Free Chick-fil-A meal today only!

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by Alaska7 • Jul 13, 2012.

1. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Source:

Chick-fil-A is giving a free meal to anyone who comes to one of their restaurants fully dressed as a cow. A hilarious promotion, but Chick-fil-A is so delicious I would certainly be tempted to do it if I had a cow suit available, maybe it's time to get creative...

This reminds me of Chipotle giving away free burritos on Halloween if you come dressed as a burrito. Two rolls of aluminum foil later, I was enjoying some carnitas. :)

2. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    This is certainly a unique deal! I can't say I've ever heard of that one before. That's neat. I suppose also makes for a good second use of a Halloween costume someone may have on stand by. Smart of Chick-Fil-A however because they get free advertising via other people! I'm sure those sign holders I see here and there outside will be happy for a break!

Thanks for letting us know about this one! Do you know if it happens regularly?

3. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I doubt it will be a regular thing, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if Chick-fil-A were to give you something for free just for rolling into their restaurant wearing a cow costume on any day though. They're publicizing July 13th as National Cow Appreciation Day (unofficial, of course) so it will probably be back again next year...?

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to go out and sit outside of a Chipotle on Halloween to see everyone come through in their burrito suits. I have heard examples that didn't require two rolls of aluminum foil, so if you want to cut back the outlay of what you have to pay, you could start with just one roll. :D Hopefully, you're getting whatever foil that you are using from the dollar store.

5. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Haha well I was exaggerating a bit- two full rolls of aluminum foil would be enough to cover me and create a mini aluminum statue of me! I hope this marketing technique really spreads though, I can't wait to see people in chicken suits at KFC or people dressed up as giant sandwiches at Panera or Subway. I'll know next year to have a cow suit on hand.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    No, I think Chipotle and Chik-fil-a are the only two that could carry this out without compromising the company brand. If KFC were to do it, they would turn it into an ode to Colonel Sanders and you'd have to dress up like him or in the colors of the bucket. Panera Bread is a little too high brow to get away with it and Subway doesn't need to do anything more than drop every sub to five dollars to keep them running through the doors.

7. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up!

I think these deals are not only unique, but hilarious. I, for one, would never do them. I mean, if you think about it, it's not entirely free. You have to buy the cow suit, or aluminum foil in order for you to get a free meal. I'd say whatever the costume costs, is what your meal is. Haha. Granted, I do love to sometimes go to these promotional sales to see what other people come in as. Some are very creative while others are not. Ha! But yeah, where I'm going out to eat with a friend, there's a Chik-Fil-A right down the street. So we'll have entertainment, too. Haha!

8. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to be really desperate for food to dress up like a cow. Then again, this deal would only benefit those who actually have a cow suit or could borrow one, since you'd be spending five times more on the costume than the food itself.