Free Classes

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Zyni • Mar 9, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever taken a free class either online or in person that ended up helping you save money? There are lots of different ones from sewing or cooking to business and Diy. There is a huge variety of free classes available, and many of those options could teach us to do things.

Along with saving the money that a paid class would have cost, learning skills to do other things ourselves can help us save even more money.

Have you tried any free classes? If so, which ones? Did you like them?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've taken free classes and continue to because I always wanted to learn animation and taking an animation course in some college would probably force me to spend a lot of money.

Since I don't intend to get to apply get hired by any company as an animator I thought it would be better to learn all I could online. All I need to do is apply what I learn [and keep doing it until I get everything right] and in the end I'll get to be as good an animator as "everyone" else. And I'd have spent $0.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know here in my country there is a government organization that offers free classes of all sorts, and they also give you allowance as well when you attend those classes. When I have time I actually intend to take up the computer course class so that I can troubleshoot my PC at home when it breaks down.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I've not taken free classes but I've watched videos on math, guitar, and drumming. Anyhow, the biggest problem with taking online classes is credibility. Employers may or may not respect what you're doing more than what some college or trade school student is doing.

Anyhow, a video could be saving you money but a class might not, for reasons I stated above. On the other hand, the more expensive alternative of taking real classes would be the best bargain.

#4Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I already did this with some language classes.

I first had some free classes so I could decide whether or not to enroll in courses. I think this is a great way to get potential new customers (at least in my case it worked).

It's a very interesting form of marketing because you put the potencial customers in direct contact with the product being offered to them.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I enrolled with a free online program for learning languages. It helped me a lot although not monetary wise but I gained the knowledge alright.

In my area there are no such free courses that we can take however, there are several such courses online or even through YouTube videos which can help one learn new things.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have enrolled and gotten diplomas from

. At alison.com I believe you can get started right a way, and keep on going till you get a diploma. Alison.com always adds new courses too so they are always changing and growing too. You can learn more about twitter or facebook or other more complex courses. Stop by for a look see at alison.com, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Since it's free you'll save a lot of money and learning is fun when you want to learn.