Free Daily Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Medieval Mama • Mar 21, 2015.

1. Medieval Mama

Medieval MamaNew Member

Threads:
    Did you know that every day at the Amazon app store they give away a different app that you usually have to pay for? These are Android apps, so sorry IOS folks. Of course, they have lots of free games and other apps that are always free, but it's nice to get a premium app for free.

I didn't even know until recently that Amazon had its own app store. I've gotten a couple of nice free games for free from this from this. I've also gotten a few apps that I hadn't seen on Google Play.

What are other sources of free apps that you like?

2. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of the Amazon app store. I've even downloaded the Kindle app, which is probably the only Amazon app that can work on iOS and desktop? I don't own an Android gadget, so I don't frequent Google Play and Amazon app store. For free apps, I do a little bit of a browsing and look for apps online. Directly from the website of the make or the app, usually. Like Roadtrippers, which is one of the first free apps I had tried to download. I got the link from their website. I'm a regular seeker of information from the site, so when they launched an app, I got the download link directly from their website. Almost all of my apps were discovered that way.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Amazon AppStore is relatively useless aside from the free daily app you can download from the marketplace. Still, I don't want the Amazon AppStore on my phone because it doesn't provide much value otherwise. I can get similar and often superior apps straight from the Google Play Store without running two app marketplaces on my device.

4. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I hadn't realized there was an Amazon AppStore. I'll take a look at it and I like the idea of "free". But if it only provides limited value then I may reconsider using it.

5. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    This is good to know even though I don't own an android, but many members of my family do, so I will pass on this information to them. Thanks for sharing this!

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the apps that Amazon puts out for free seem to be game apps; however, I have seen apps that are for other things listed. I mainly only use my Kindle Fire for reading ebooks; so I have not downloaded any of the free one; but if you have a Kindle and you like to play games on it;then it is a good way to get some apps for free that usually you would have to pay for.
    The Kindle app is basically just an app that lets you read kindle ebooks on any other device, and you can download it on any computer, laptop or tablet.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Although I'm an iPhone user, this information will still come in handy for family/friends, thanks for sharing. And in case, i switch to android, good thing i know of this little fact about android.