Free email accounts

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Jan 7, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Which free email accounts to you have and which are the best? I have gmail, yahoo, outlook (microsoft only because I was forced to) and also inbox. I never used to like gmail, but I have gotten used to it and these days yahoo is getting harder to use with so many ads there is no where to scroll. I have to log in every now and then to keep the accounts going, but I do forward everything to a gmail account as a hard copy.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an account with Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail, but my main email account is with Yahoo, because I have experienced getting my mails deleted randomly on it's own with Gmail. As for Hotmail, they're ok, but hard to navigate if you're only using a mobile browser.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Outlook and Gmail. I have been using Outlook for over 10 years now, it was my first ever email and I still use it, the very same account! I like Gmail, however Outlook is definitely my favorite. I prefer its layout and overall format. It's sleeker, more intuitive and easier to use! I like having two email accounts because if I have any problem with one of them I have another one to use. Not to mention you can divide your space. However, if I could only choose one it's definitely Outlook!

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have several email accounts. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and I even tried Shortmail. Difference between Shortmail and all the other email services is that you can't send an email longer than 500 characters. Because of that I use it only occasionally.

To make reading my mail easier I forward all my mail [from other accounts] to one of Gmail accounts and access it therein.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Can I just say I hate Yahoo?! I have two Yahoo email accounts that have been giving me grief for the past two years and I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I know I'm not the only one, as I've been to the Yahoo Facebook page and seen many people in my position. I can only access one of them because my husband tweaked something (don't ask!) so that I can access the mail, not directly via Yahoo though. The other one I've totally given up on.

I've also got an outlook account, which has worked like magic ever since I set it up :) I've also thought about getting a gmail account as I've heard good things about it :)

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I hate Yahoo now. It was one of my first accounts and back then it was fine, but now you have to go through their news page, so I don't use it as often. Many people have switched to gmail and I have few people on yahoo, but I keep it for yahoo groups in case. I think yahoo need to restructure as fewer people use it and are getting annoyed with too many ads unless you want to pay to get rid of them. I have outlook, but am just not getting on with it so far, I like a quick log in and I always get asked for verification.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yahoo just gets worse and worse all across the board. While yahoo answers was never a high quality form of information it was at least decent. Now they not only crack down harder on answers and questions, they change the page layout too. I don't know about the mail. I like that they have new backgrounds but it hasn't changed other than that. It's always seemed to suck.

8. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    I've never used Yahoo - sounds like I haven't missed out! I used Gmail now and I really like it, although it did take me some time to get used to. Prior to Gmail I used Outlook, which I never had any problems with, and which my husband still uses and prefers. I wouldn't switch back, though that could be just because I'm used to Gmail rather than because it's superior in any particular way.

9. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of e-mail accounts because I am on a lot of offer sites. I love hotmail but I also use gmail and yahoo. All of them work fine, but I prefer Hotmail.

10. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Gmail and a Yahoo account, and I must say that I pretty much use my Gmail account for everything. Of all the free email services, I think that Gmail is the absolute easiest. I've used AOL email before and it's just the worse. On top of that, there are ads pretty much everywhere on the site, which make the page run way slower than it has to. Yahoo is fairly decent, but I think that it has the potential to get confusing as well.

11. crackerjack9

crackerjack9New Member

Threads:
    I have different email accounts for different purposes. I use gmail, yahoo, outlook and AOL. By far, AOL is my favorite. I tried inbox, but didn't like it much. Yahoo doesn't do a great job at clearing out the spam. I'm getting used to Gmail. Aside from the ones mentioned here (AOL, Gmail, yahoo, inbox and outlook) are there any others that I'm not aware of that I might try?

12. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Is there such thing as paid email accounts? Never heard of such a thing before.

Leaving that aside, I use Gmail exclusively, and I have no other accounts in any other mail platform. In the past I was used to Hotmail and Yahoo, but I slowly phased out of them towards Gmail and I haven't regretted it.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only have GMail, YahooMail and MSN Live email accounts under my belt. I prefer to communicate using GMail and YahooMail because I've had them since my teenage years. I'm practically used to using them compared to MSN. Although I've dabbled with it for a time, I just couldn't get the hang of it. I try to assign a specific purpose for each email. For instance, my GMail account is for business and formal contacts, while YahooMail is for close friends and social media sign-ups.

14. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    I use a russian one. This is a short review.

Yandex.mail offers a full, rich and usable email involvement with compelling web access, portable applications, POP and also IMAP get to and boundless capacity.

Capacities, for example, message formats, updates, e-cards and console alternate ways help handle mail with productivity and fun in Yandex.mail; still, its runs could be more flexible, content scraps would help layouts, and Yandex.mail could work as a full we-based IMAP customer.

Aces

- Yandex.mail gives you a chance to timetable mail, get updates in the event that you get no answer

- Online capacity is boundless, and POP and IMAP take into account adaptable access to Yandex.mail

- Yandex.mail makes it simple to discover related messages by string and contact

Cons

- Yandex.mail can't get to IMAP records like a desktop email program

- Yandex.mail needs channels and content pieces that have a steep learning curve.

Portrayal

Yandex.mail offers free email with boundless online stockpiling (beginning at 10 GB and expanding in 1 GB steps as required).

Offering both POP and IMAP access, Yandex.mail records can be set up advantageously in desktop and portable email program (and additionally in other email administrations).

Yandex.mail incorporates a RSS news bolster peruser; the RSS channel peruser works independently from email, however, and does not treat news things like messages.

Yandex.mail is open by means of secure SSL/TLS associations and keeps a log of action you can check for spurious utilization. You can log out remote customers from the web interface.

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I use both Yahoo Mail and Google Mail. I mostly use Yahoo for utility work such as forum posting, blogging, game account verification, etc. While Google is mostly for my personal blog. I have another email account and it's with Apple's iCloud and I use at as my main social network email account. I don't know why I bother using these three when I could stick with one but it works, and I'm not planning of changing this any time soon.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just helped a friend open a G-Mail account and it looks soooo snazzy! I'll definitely be opening an account or two there. When you compare it to Yahoo, they're WORLDS apart! I too opened my Yahoo accounts eons ago and never thought to change, out of habit. But things are just getting progressively worse by the day.

17. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can pay for upgraded email accounts on Yahoo,

and Hotmail with more space and features. Some business people use them as it is cheaper for them than buying a domain and hosting.

My brother tends to snap up new emails accounts with his name as he did with Outlook, but I don't usually bother to keep up with them. I liked Yahoo, but it seems they are losing people as the consensus is Yahoo is out of date. I don't give people my yahoo account, though I have several, because of this.

18. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I stick with Yahoo and Gmail in the main, but I've also got a legacy Excite account as well. The Excite one is one I could probably shut down, though I'm still getting stuff sent to it from some random old sign ups.

19. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I have free email accounts with Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail that I've been using for a long time. I do like all of them but I think Yahoo is the best. I check my email messages every single day for anything that is really important. I actually have a lot of accounts for business and personal.

20. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I have accounts with Gmail and Microsoft. I love both of these email clients, they get the job done and it's for free so i really have no complaints whatsoever. Of course, from time to time, they act up which is completely normal but overall experience is okay so far. :p