Free Entertainment

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jun 23, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Everyone is always talking about saving money by not going out less [to watch movies]. listening to music on radio to avoid buying CDs, cutting out cable TV and so on.

But have you ever considered cutting out entertainment related costs entirely? One would ask: is it even possible?

I'll answer the question with another question? How did people entertain themselves when TVs had not been invented?

They'd tell each other stories. Myths. Legends. That kind of stuff. Most kids would rather hear a story than watch a fancy animation. So why not try it out some time?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, there are a lot more ways to entertain yourself without paying anything, spending a dime. But the thing is you have to work it out yourself. When you tell stories, it would have to require an effort from you to tell stories. Because of such, you might get tired and be exhausted after. It's not an easy task. The reason we're paying for entertainment is because while we are being entertained, we also want to be relaxed. So if there is a way to be entertained for free without making yourself tired, that opportunity is really one to grab for. But if there's none, I would rather pay.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Reading a good book is one of my favorite sources of free entertainment. Reading relaxes and entertains me. Listening to the radio is a good source of entertainment too. During the summertime in my city, there are lots of free outdoor concerts and movie screenings. Board games and crafts are a low cost alternative too.

4. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    For me, I like staying active. Going outside when it's nice out is what i like to do. i like to be in the sun.
    As long as im with friends, nothing really matters. I could sit outside all day and chill out with friends. That is enough to keep me entertained.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not an active type of person, so I would actually be content with just surfing the net or watching tv, and if you only do just that, you won't really spend much on electricity anyway, so I guess I don't mind paying to get entertained.