Free Games

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by steph84 • May 22, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    What are some of your favorite websites used to download free software for Mac computers? I am always finding amazing games and other resources for free on PCs and nothing to great for my Mac. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

2. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I don't know about downloading the games but miniclip.com has some pretty fun games. Lots of choices for any gamer.

3. kennyrip

kennyripNew Member

Threads:
    just use google for "free mac game downloads" and see what you come up with, i do this when i get extremly bored and want something new to try

4. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    Have you ever run into problems with downloading bogus software or is it all pretty legit?

5. postman

postmanNew Member

Threads:
    Macbooks aren't virus friendly so i don't think you will run into any problems
    downloading anything for the most part. Finding the games is the problem because
    damn near all the good computer games are written for pc.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have been on Wendys99 blog and Wendysfullgames. I also like FreeRideGames. That site makes you watch the occasional ad, but has a lot of new games and all of them are virus free.

7. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    I'd download steam and play team fortress 2, best game you can play for free on a mac in my opinion, give it a try.

[video=youtube;6JkIw3g08EU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JkIw3g08EU[/video]

8. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Apple used to have a downloads section on their websites where you could search for free software.

I checked it pretty religiously when I only had access to a Mac for new games. You can also trust it since, well, it's screened by Apple themselves.

9. sinuous

sinuousNew Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm not sure about websites, but the AppStore has TONS of free apps and software. Check there! You probably won't need to download any more games from random websites; the AppStore's games/software are approved by Apple staff.

10. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Gamehouse.com has awesome games for both PC and MAC. You have the option to download a free trial to play for one hour before you pay as well as a huge selection of free games to download. They also have a point system for you to earn point toward one of the really good paid games at no cost.

11. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Try thepiratebay.org. They offer a lot of torrents available for free downloads. The downloads range from apps and games to movies and music. I also think that Macbooks are not infected by viruses so you need not worry. For PC users though, it is recommended that you have a strong antivirus if you would download files from thepiratebay.

12. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I also use thepiratebay.org as my main downloading site. I download movies, songs, albums, and ultimately my favorite games. Make sure that you check the comments regarding the torrent first before going on with the download because you might get some unknown trojans or viruses.