Free Gym Membership From Health Insurance

Discussion in Personal Finance started by fuzyon • Oct 13, 2016.

1. fuzyon

fuzyonNew Member

Threads:
    One of my friends recently pointed out the advantages of having a health insurance, one of them being free/discounted gym memberships and massages. I didn't believe him but decided to phone my insurance company eitherway, and they confirmed that for $10 I have free entry to a gym of my choice and if I prove I'm able to go to the gym for 90 days straight I get 6 months free.

Might be worth looking up the advantages of yours, you never know. :D

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    That is really a good deal. I haven’t heard of anything like this at least in our country. But as you can see by going to a gym regularly you most probably be healthy and won’t fall ill. Then there are very limited chances of you being hospitalized and approach them with a medical claim. That way it is beneficial for them too. But I think it is more beneficial for us as the ultimate aim is to keep us healthy.

Nowadays most of the diseases are lifestyle related which is mainly due to lack of exercise. Daily exercise can keep these diseases at bay. By the way can you tell which company is offering this type of health insurance? I am really interested to take part.