Free Internet For A Month

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by naruto100 • Oct 4, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    We have completed our 8 months broadband plan at our home. It was mix experience from them. It was having some problem couple of times which they took almost 10 to 12 days to solve. So we told them that we don't want to run this service anymore as they weren't as good in service. They apologize for the same and even we didn't paid further they have given us 1 more month for free.

So now we are thinking for extending the plan? But we will tell them to be good for further service. Have you got any free service like this because of company fault?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have since the company was fairly new it wasn't functioning as well and well we we're just trying it because of the promotion that was going on, which was cheap. We had it for six months but the connections would fail almost half the time. So I opted to unsubcribe from it but since they we're low on customers they offered one month for free and after that month the connection and services were amazing.

3. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I didn’t get any free offers till now but data charges are very cheap nowadays. There is stiff competition among mobile service players and they are competing to give maximum benefit at throwaway prices. It all started when a company started giving data and voice at very low rates. Before that it was really costly to surf through net and watching videos online was a nightmare. Now there are no issues to watch YouTube or similar services as data is really cheap or almost free. It’s extremely cheap when you go for three months mobile data plan.

Now the next war could be on smartphones as the same company declared that they are going to launch smartphones at very affordable prices if customers are ready to take their connection.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never received this kind of feee offer for the mistake committed by the service provider. I once subscrived to a internet service that promised to give me 6 mbps, however, I only received 3 mbps. I complained to the service provider. They said sorry, However, I was not accepting "sorry" I had paid double price for the service, however, I did not get double speed. I asked for refund. They refused. I discontinued the service.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai Look like same story like us. Good to know that you face good service after that. We are still thinking about renewal because we are still not sure about its later on service. Because even in this free month we are facing some internet issue. So now we are totally unsure about the renewal. Let's see how it goes from now on.

@luckycharm@luckycharm I agree with you. Here too till Jio launched prices of internet were quite expensive. But after launching of Jio , all companies forced to low down the internet and other calling prices. Here 4G connection by Jio launched at really reasonable price so that even broad band companies have started reducing price because of that. So yes it is big win for customers, as in all these competitions, they are going to have benefit.

#5Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  6. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, the only way to lower fees of any service is to bring competition, then everyone will be forced to lower prices.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yup. That's common thing in every field. After jio launched here everyone is quite surprise to see changes in price tag of other network provider too. Same goes for broad band provider. So that surely means they were charging quite high compare to today's price tag. I am happy that now prices are quite low. We can save lots of money by this way and use internet properly.

8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have had a lot of hassles with my ISPs and finally have settled down to BSNL which has now improved in leaps and bounds. I get limitless for 444 for 90 days.

9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Nope! But our Network provider gives us some promos to enjoy a free Internet if we meet or pass their gimmicks.

We're too busy. We've no time to enjoy it. Therefore, we ignore it. That's we consider it as unfair.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:

Gimmicks!! I wonder what kind of gimmicks we need to pass for enjoying those free internet. I never heard about it from my service provider so far. But yes if someone is having high usage then I guess they can take advantage. I am guessing this that user need to use certain plan or internet to get that benefit. Is it? But as you said gimmicks, so it don't sounds more beneficial.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 One of the major network services that offer internet broadband connection for its users in Nigeria is known as MTN. It's a South African telecommunications company but it has rooted it base in Nigeria, since we are it's largest patronizers.

They do take advantage of us most times, especially when it comes to internet data subscriptions. One would subscribe for a month but have it run out in just a week or two as a result of this, people have taken it upon themselves to hack their database and get codes that enables people get free data.

The last time this happened, I managed to siphoned more 5 gigabyte of data which lasted me for over 2 months.

#11Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Heatman@Heatman For me it is going really worse. They have given one month for free, but even in this one problems are keep going on. Every night internet is getting disconnected for whole night since last 5 days. I am not complaining to them as it is free month and now I am not going to continue their services. If they are giving one month free then they should give it properly. Like this no body is going to get convince.

#12Oct 16, 2017
  13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Well, I'm truly sorry to hear about this happening to you. There is nothing more frustrating like using an unstable Internet to do some research or work online. Personally, it drives me nuts as really don't cope well with it.

This your experience reminds of the kind of internet services given to us down here by Glo telecommunications company. This malicious company will offer you the best bundle of data for a very cheap price, only for you not to see or have any internet services to use the data.

#13Oct 17, 2017
  14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Heatman@Heatman Yes it is very frustrating. Honestly saying in my small town no other company is giving good broad band so I can't do anything else. And this one is giving really rough time. Stopping internet every night and when I am complaining they are marking my complain as solved when on other day internet is getting start. And same thing is happening on other night. So surely I am not going to continue with this company for sure.

#14Oct 20, 2017
  15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Your situation is really bad, I really wouldn't know what to do in such situations. I just hope that something is done fast on you people's behalf.

I'm quite sure that it's as a result of one company that is in charge of providing Internet service because if they had competition, they would really seat up and offer better services or be ready to lose their customers.

#15Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
  16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Heatman@Heatman I hope situation will be better at least in my town. In bigger cities there are many competitors so customer don't have to face the same thing. But for small towns like mine, I guess we have no other choice. Though I am thinking about to try new internet service. Let's just hope it will be fine. Though I am paying more this time compare to last plan, but hope service will be better as per price.

#16Oct 22, 2017
  17. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Personally, I don't mind if the internet data or subscriptions is expensive, my point/focus of attention is the capability of such service provider to give me a stable network for me to work with. The consistent stable network satisfy me 100 percent.

#17Oct 23, 2017
  18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Heatman@Heatman Well, even I won't mind paying more if service is better. With my last plan I didn't think about it, but now I have moved to expensive one. And hope I will get result as per the payment. I surely don't want to face what I did face with my last internet service provider.

#18Oct 23, 2017
  19. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I also hope that this current plan that that you are on doesn't turn out to disappoint like your last one. Personally, I'm disgusted when I waste my hard earned money on services that aren't satisfying to my needs.

#19Oct 23, 2017
  20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have availed that kind of free service often during my stay in India. I use Tikona wireless Broadband Internet service which is one of its kind and comparatively cheaper than other services but in place of wires they provide the service through a roof top antenna. If the antenna changes its direction from the relay center the service gets interrupted. I have faced this problem multiple times and always claimed deduction for the period of outage time.