Free Office Supplies

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Rosyrain • Aug 5, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Where are some of the places that you get office supplies for free? I have been known to load up on Pens, notepads, and other items when I go to an expo show or a conference. Hotels also offer guests free supplies and I take them with me when I check out.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of some websites where you can get free some free office supplies. Free samples I suppose which are meant to get the website owners more business or promote some other business. Having never got any free stuff from them all I'd advice is take a look and . . . find out for yourself if the offers are genuine.

3. MLNewkirk

MLNewkirkNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing Denis! I'll definitely check out those websites. I am a small business owner and I'm constantly losing office supplies. Especially pens! Throughout the day as I have clients sign paper work or as I write out receipts or anything that requires a writing utensil I usually end up with less than what I started off with. I think it's because my work requires driving to clients' homes so I'm sure I end up forgetting them.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have so much free stuff as I used to host conferences in hotels and exhibitions. Some are great and I have a whole stash of notebooks and boxes of pens, but I still buy items. The best ones are sticky notes and plastic folders as I can always use those. These days companies tend to limit them more, but usually at the end of the day or show they need to get rid of them so they don't have to pack them. That's the best time to get a stash.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, banks are certainly a good source for pens and sometimes small notepads. However, I doubt your local bank wants you to load up on. It is something you may have to gather over time. My electric co- op has a meeting every year their trade show that offers freebies including office supplies for it's customers.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually pick up office supplies either from hotels or from events I cover as a news reporter at various venues. It's never really much, though. It's mainly cheap pens and note pads that aren't very thick. I much prefer the ones I pick out and pay for myself.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried the free websites as a source for office supplies, but have used them to get grocery items and health and beauty items in the past. The only thing I do not like about the free websites is that you usually have to do a ton of surveys to get to the free things.

I recently got a free pen, with a stylis attached to it and loved that pen. I kept it around for the stylis even after the ink ran out. It was a promotional item that was sent to me in an attempt to get me to buy the pen in bulk.

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to pick up the free pens from hotels as well the pad of paper. I've also gotten free dry erase markers as some companies will give out samples to teachers. When I go conferences I can often get lots of free samples. Companies know that teachers go through a lot of post its, markers, crayons, pens and notebooks so they'll have lots of free samples to take.

9. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    Banks offer a lot of pens to write out checks and such and I usually just take one or two every time I go. I can't really think of anywhere else other than the places others have already suggested. I'm pretty particular with my writing supplies anyways so I often go out and buy them myself.