Free Presciption drugs for low income households

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by happyrocinante • May 25, 2012.

1. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    I thought I would share this as it helped me afford my Advair inhaler. If you are a low income household and perhaps without medical insurance, you might qualify to receive your prescription for free. There are a few websites below that you can try. There is some paperwork you and your doctor have to fill out but it wasn't too complicated for me.

I get my Advair inhaler free through GlaxoSmithKline because of one of these programs.

2. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the info. Do you have any assistance program like a medical card to help you through too?

3. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    No. So far I haven't needed any other medicine since I lost my health insurance. My household makes about two thousand dollars more a year than I need to qualify for a medical card. So this program was a Godsend otherwise my inhaler would cost us about $250 a month.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    My family is on Medicaid and we have zero copay for all our prescriptions. Our doctor is even willing to write us prescriptions for otc drugs like tylenol and vitamin supplements. We didn't ask her to do this but I'm glad she does, as otherwise we might not be able to afford them.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    This is an awesome aide. Thanks for this post. In South Florida many Publix Pharmacies offer a number of antibiotics that are usually prescribed in general occasions for free or for a max of $5. This is a great help as opposed to paying upwards of $20 for prescription antibiotics.

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I was going to say the same thing. Publix in Atlanta offers many prescriptions for free and $4. So do many other stores, such as Kroger and Wal-Mart.

7. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    This is some great information! I know that for my husband this will come in handy. However, this is a great plan which I will have to look into more because inhalers are expensive to buy!