Free Shipping At The Holidays

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Diane Lane • Dec 14, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love that most stores and websites will offer free shipping around the holidays. I have been taking advantage of it to stock up on non-holiday related items, such as everyday grocery items, household goods, and even pet supplies. Doing so is saving me money on gas, and wear and tear on my vehicle, and in addition to the free shipping, the goods are usually on sale, to entice people to the sites so they'll purchase holiday related items. When I used to do a lot of holiday gift shopping, I was too busy with that to pay attention to these other items, but now that I don't buy many gifts, I'm paying more attention to the other items.

Have you been taking advantage of free holiday shipping to purchase other items?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    When I shop I always look for the items which do not have shipping charge. I also try to buy goods for certain amount which will qualify me for free shipping. When I have to pay for shipping, the product will cost more than what I can get in the local market. During holiday seasons, many sellers and online stores offer free shipping and I take the benefits of these offers.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This is great deal and can help save you a lot. I did shop a lot during the last festival at a very discounted prices, free shipping and cash on delivery option. It was a great shoppimg experience.

Moreover, I bought gift items for a lot of people and I had things amazingly cheaper than at local stores. I really had saved a great deal.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have actually ordered a garden hose fom my usual store and I didn’t notice that it is free delivery. Yeah, it’s only now that I realized why the cost of the garden hose has no add on (delivery charge) like before. Well, it is probably because of the free delivery during the holiday season. Hmm, maybe I should order now some of the items that I plan to buy early next year like the car dash camera.

5. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of discounts and offers during the holiday season on various e-commerce sites. There is intense competition amongst them to attract more customers so a lot of discounts are offered and promised. Free delivery and shipping is indeed a great offer. Here in India, for Amazon, the shipping is free when the bill amount is more than 500, so I always make sure I purchase goods worth 500 to avoid the shipping charges.

There are some products for which the shipping charge is more than its actual price, so it is better to avoid them. Look for similar products on other sites and see if there is an offer or a discount. There is no point in paying more for shipping and ending up paying less for the actual product itself.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is very advantageous for such stores or online shopping stores to offer a free shipping for the items ordered from them. That is a good approach for them to entice prospective buyers who could avail of the free service of the delivery of their purchases. If there is one or two available in our place I would also take that offer, that opportunity. Imagine I could save time and money for that.

7. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly remember an occasion when have paid a shipping charge on any online purchase. To avoid paying shipping charge, I buy over a certain volume. If I ever need to pay a shipping charge, I 'd rather opt for an offline purchase as an additional shipping charge makes a product costlier.

8. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Most items I buy don't have shipping costs. I haven't really searched too hard to find any without it. I believe commonly bought items don't usually bring a shipping cost because it pays for itself.