Free T-shirts For Savings

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Sep 25, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Whenever I'm meeting someone new who is an employee or business owner I usually ask if they have free collaterals I could get, often I would ask for tshirts since it's usually what they have and what's easy for them to part with. I like doing this because I think it's nice to have a tshirt with a familiar or obscure logo I could wear outside on casual days, especially when I'm just going nearby to meet someone for coffee or something similar. It's also great for wearing at home since it's just a fee shirt anyway, but I tend to only do this when the shirts are already worn out. Best part about it is that they are free of course, so it even cuts down on my clothing expense. Anyone else do this? What companies have you gotten free tshirts from?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often have to attend all sorts of events through my job as a journalist. More often than not, they have goodie bags and sometimes there's a T-shirt in the mix. I always take them, but funny enough, I have yet to wear them because they're not usually in my sort of style. I think I'll get around to using some around the house, to lounge in. But I'm not a huge fan of them because the quality of some of them is just not that good, some look like they could itch LOL

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people don't like these T-shirts because each time they wear them they'll be advertising some product. I don't mind that thought. You are getting a free T-shirt you have to give something in return.

I've got numerous Bic T-shirts and a few from a number of obscure websites. They've saved me some cash I'm sure since I wear them from time to time.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    What a great idea and great savings. I never thought to ask for free t-shirts and they companies just give them away as swag so why not. We've gotten some interesting t-shirts from friends and relatives when they travel too. It's a bit of a tradition to give t-shirts to my nephew from the different cities we holiday in and they do the same for my kids. They have interesting collection of t-shirts from around the world. My husband has gotten beer t-shirts and coolers free in cases of beer. The t-shirts make for great around the house work shirts. My son gets lots of free t-shirts from hockey tournaments he's played in.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I never thought of asking for a free t-shirt or free stuff from companies. It will save some money when you get free things. I go to Senior Fair every year where they give free stuff like grocery shopping bags and I use them regularly and never had to buy a reusable shopping bag yet! I'll work up the courage to ask if they got free stuff and Senior Citizen discounts from now on! Good idea!

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I know what you mean. I get lots of these low grade free shirts as well because most of them come from new or unknown companies and since they are giving them away for free I imagine they don't spend too much on them. The best ones to get are the ones from bigger name companies, really, since those tend to fit best and the cloth isn't too bad. The ones I dislike I usually just give away.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

That's a good idea! I still have a few in their packaging, collecting dust in my wardrobe, so I think I'll just pass them on to someone who needs them. God knows there a few people out there who could use them :)

8. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    No its not something that I do - even though both I and my husband regularly receive free T-shirts along with all the other freebies that seem to be popular in our line of work.

However - although I did used to give them away - as neither of us like wearing clothing that has any kind of visible logo or label - as the quality is so variable - regardless of the size or prestige of Company they come from - and I was continually being told that they usually - either shrink in all the wrong places or twist so out of shape that you would need to be a contortionist to even try and get them on and that the material was either so overly flimsy that it was totally see through, extremely static and clingy or just plain scratchy and itchy - I no longer do.

They don't go to waste though - as although we don't wear them - my cats benefit instead - as they're great for making cat toys, beds or cat tents.

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I do this too, most of my free shirts are from companies and marathons, lol. I still pick which one I would wear though. Some companies give t-shirts that are soft and are great enough for lounging around the house or for quick errands. Some though are very thick and itchy. So for the nice ones, I just wash them and wear them. The itchy ones I make them into rags or give them away.

I especially love the nice fitting ones. The baggy ones I try to wear sometimes but they make me uncomfortable as they fall of because of my petite size. There are even some shirts that look cute enough to be worn outside. One of which is the t-shirt given by a pharmacy company which has a nice quote against cervical cancer in it. The quote says, "I'm sexy and I know it." Lol.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get a few free t-shirts and bags from my company too. Problem is, they were notorious for poor customer service a couple of years ago and even made the national press. So I'm slightly too embarassed to use them in public. They are great for gardening and hair dyeing though!

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't even thought about this, but you're right, if the brand is a little shady then it might be a little embarrassing to wear outside. Thankfully the culture around here is a bit light so there are some that I could just pass off as humorous, but maybe if the issues concerning the comfy were a little more serious, like utilizing child labor and sweat shops then I'd definitely just use it only indoors or turn it into rags or something.