Free vs Paid shipping and shipping times

Discussion in Online Shopping started by nonsiccus • Jan 14, 2015.

1. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:

I would totally wait for the product. If I am going to save a few cents or more by not paying shipping, then yeah, I would wait. It adds up over time, if you were to purchase more things off that site. the only reason I would pay for shipping or expedited shipping is if I had a hard deadline to be with a gift. This happened this past Christmas. I agreed that my husband and I would not exchange gifts to save money and spend more on the kids. Then out of no where he announced that he got me gifts. I had two weeks before Christmas and so I had not other choice by to pay an extra $10.00 for shipping. I was really so mad at him. His gift made him happy but I kept thinking of how that $10.00 could had been spent else where.

2. Carissa A Jones

Carissa A JonesNew Member

Threads:
    Free shipping is a big deal! People that have to pay for shipping are more likely to buy only if they NEED the item, and can't get to a physical store, but if there is free shipping, a window shopper can easily be turned into a sale!

I myself, am more likely to buy something if there is free shipping. I am a big planner, so there is usually no need to have an item rushed to me, so I'm lucky enough to not need the more expesive, 2-3 day shipping.

When I see a site advertise free shipping, I am one happy lady, and when its advertised with no minimum that needs to be spent, it makes my day! :)

3. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's just in the UK but we have free super saver delivery on Amazon here if you spend over £10. I tend to wait until I need goods over that amount so that I get free delivery. They don't guarantee that you will have the item(s) within 2 days but most of the time the item arrives in 3 -7 days.
    I have been known to buy a basic extra item such as hand cream to increase my order to £10 so that I can have free delivery. Amazon gains in the long run, I expect.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have too many options usually, cause where I live only few shops offer free shipping. So the options for me are usually paid shipping, or more expensive paid shipping.. So I just go with whatever is the cheapest. I'd like to get insured shipping, but that's usually at least 30-50 dollars.