Free Windows 10 Upgrade.

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by LilAnn • Jun 28, 2015.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Done. Not even attempting it now lol. What's the point of free will if we're not allowed to use it? Silly tech gods.

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like you won't have much privacy with this new system, as far as them going into your system and just deleting things, This is all so confusing.

3. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Whether it's free or not, I'd say not to test the waters with this OS. Chances are, you'll be unable to revert to earlier Windows versions. I've had this dreadful experience with Windows 8-to-Windows 7. It just wasn't good that I had to find an online fix to get past the errors that I've never seen nor heard of.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I didn't know that it was a limited time offer only. I was planning on buying a laptop so I guess I'll have to hurry up and buy it before the promo is over because I've always been dreading to use Windows 8 and seeing as the feedback for 10 seems good I'm more confident to just jump in. Hopefully it does hold up to the hype and expectations when I finally get to use it, but I'm definitely going to hurry up to save myself from having to pay for an upgrade.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL!! It's pirated software that you're supposed to pay for, but didn't hahahaha!! I don't like how it will be essentially spying on your system and leaving and removing things as it sees fit. I don't like that idea at all. I mean, I am more than aware of the fact that Big brother is watching us, and perhaps a lot more than any of us would like to admit. But I don't want it to be so in my face/ Makes me feel like they think I'm not a threat, you know?

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We should be allowed to steal if nobody is going to come and arrest us for it, silly! lol. I don't share, I don't sell, I just catch and release. I'm NOT a threat lol. Just lil' Josie, watching a show once in a while. Did you confirm any of this yet? I wouldn't be surprised anyway. I need to finally look into the rules on this pirating thing. I honestly don't see the difference in getting it from some dude online and a friend next door with a physical copy. For me anyway.. obviously the dude online is stepping on toes.. but I would debate the whiners on that as well.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    There was a post on Facebook about Windows 10 removing pirated software automatically, and there were mixed responses. Some people said that they had Windows 10 and it hadn't removed any of their pirated software, and other said otherwise. I'm not going to risk it. So as far as confirmation goes, that is as far along as I have gotten. Anybody with knowledge is a threat, which means you're up there, JosieP ;)

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Rarr.. damned right! Doesn't feel like it though lol. Anyone with knowledge is apparently wearing a tinfoil hat and should be picked last for dodgeball. So people are actually losing their downloads... THAT is messed. It's really not their place to be dealing with us low lives, now is it!? lol.. ugh. I don't like that,., thanks Dreekster

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I put windows 10 on partially without my knowledge. It just started using up my data. I don't have unlimited bandwidth. So, unless I can figure out how to stop it from doing that...I am in no hurry to upgrade. It also says that it is free fro a limited time so when are they going to start charging? Would it be worth it to upgrade?

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    Hahaha! I got called a tin-hatter the other day too. And by someone who called themselves something-something-zombie -_-
    I was just like, need I say more? Keep shading yourself so that I don't have to, honey.

People claim to be losing their installs. They are downloading pirated software, and then when they install it and go to use it, it has been removed, which is just - words aren't enough. I don't like it either, JosieP :( Screw Windows 10!!

11. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    Here I was going to go ahead and upgrade. I have been seeing different opinions all over the internet, and have been having a really hard time of deciding where or not to upgrade. The only problem is now, after reading other replies to this thread I am getting doubtful again. It sounds like they will be spying on the ones using this Windows 10. I mean I don't want anyone going through my computer, it's just the principal of it all. :(o_O

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Make no mistake about it - they are definitely spying on us, and in a multitude of different ways that don't involve Windows 10. Windows 10 just seems to be their latest ploy, in order for them to do it. I knew that there was something fishy going on when I saw that they were offering the upgrade for free. For me, it is not only the principle. I don't want all of my illegally downloaded software removed. My system would be a shell of it's former self.

13. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    What windows are you using now? With windows 10 would you still be able to download music of of apps like Mp3 Rocket or would they stop that too.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I am currently using Windows 7, and have been for the last few years. I had heard somethings about Windows 8, but never enough for me to say that I wanted to try it or, or to say that I didn't want to try it out. Now all of a sudden, it seems that everyone is overlooking Windows 8, and it is all about windows 10. Seems a bit strange. I am not sure about mp3 Rocket. I have never heard of it.

15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I have said this is a different thread, but certainly I will not upgrade to Windows 10 no matter if it is free, much less because Microsoft has built reputation to release buggy versions when they are free upgrades.

This is why I didn't upgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, because everybody began to complain about many undesirable issues after performing such upgrade.

On the other hand, I am neither enthusiast to change operating system when it serves me good, and while I was one of the most die-hard Windows 8 haters, when I bought my new laptop it came with Windows 8 pre-installed and I have learned to love it.

I guess the only reason why I will be using Windows 10 is because it might come pre-installed on my next computer, whenever is time to buy a new one, yet there is a chance that I downgrade the system if it's not of my liking, as I did when I bought a laptop with Vista installed and I had to downgrade it to XP shortly after.

16. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still eerie about upgrading too. I don't even have that much pirated software (and you're right Big brother may be paying attention to this very forum..you never know oh well) but I have plenty of "unauthorized" videos and pictures. I'm not willing to risk losing those files considering you just can't find those anymore or if you could it would be nearly impossible. I would like to think that they'd be reasonable about this since it's oodles of visual memories that I would be losing and if you could pay for that content it would be extremely expensive but since when are the feds ever reasonable about this stuff? The thing is though Big brother is always watching at least at this current moment they cannot take it by force. When you install Windows 10, then they can. It's like the police with putting a bug in your system.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Exactly. They have banned many torrenting websites in certain countries. I live in the UK, where almost every major torrenting website has been banned and so I just cannot find some of the pirated software that I have again, if anything should happen to it. Nothing is free, unfortunately. The feds are rarely reasonable. They want full control and will throw out all sorts of ploys at us to get it. People see upgrade and the word free and come running. Luckily some of us are more cautious and plugged in.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How do they go about banning a website? Do they just point at you all and give a firm "No!" and you all comply? lol. You guys are too polite!! haha, and I was wondering where we get it.

I kid.. but seriously, how does a site get banned? I know a few I go to have been taken down (not the same thing?) and they pop up with a new domain almost immediately.. but banned? If they just block it somehow, they have some serious goose chasing on their hands lol.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    Various ISP's (Internet service Providers) have banned websites. I am with Virgin Media, and they have banned all of the major torrent sites in the UK. So everyone who uses an internet service provider that has blocked those websites will not be able to access those sites. China is notorious for blocking many websites, so that they can control what news their citizens have access to and do not have access to. If that isn't controlling, I don't know what is. It sucks, but it is the reality.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So the goose chase method? Look at how often PB alone is shut down and it's up and running somewhere else before you even know it's gone. I agree though.. it's very worrying. Government is still a very odd thing to me. At least in terms of how it's *actually* governing. The only thing keeping them in power of us is guns and bars.... says a lot.