Freebies From Grocery Stores

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Brenda Barnousky • Nov 1, 2015.

1. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    There are a few stores in my area that will send a text about once a week offering a freebie just for stopping by. I have been able to get a 24 pack of water, as well as free snack crackers, cookies and pasta. The stores we have are Food City and Priceless. Do any of you have stores in your area that offer this awesome perk? Does anyone know if Walmart stores offer it?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here, the freebies that you can get in the stores mostly consist of those buy one take one offers or those heavily discounted items that they are trying to dispose of before it expires. I don't think the stores here would follow suit and text their customers to give them a freebie if they drop by.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember CVS would do this on random days, it was often some household item and as long as you had your rewards card you would get the paper towels or dish liquid. When I told my snobby landlady she didn't want to take part, as she thought it was cheap and for poor people. It's not, it's to promote items and to get people to come into the store.

Those offers sound good, but I guess they go fast as well and they must have a way to monitor it so people don't take advantage.

4. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    Sadly no freebies from groceries in my zone. The only freebies are the magazines with the weekly sales and offers, but I'm not sure that counts.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't get freebies here but clearance sales are usually very close to it since they are offering the products at almost free, and it helps that our groceries also have other items like clothing and beauty products so sometimes we get to take advantage of sales in those areas too. I once got to buy a nice pair of shoes for only $2 and it was a good brand and the only thing wrong with it was that it was old stock and it had a few small imperfections but they are totally unnoticeable from afar. Food product promos tend to be a bit more rare though.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The freebies in the grocery are mostly the promos. Like the big Coke bottles, a pack of 2 has a free pack of Chinese noodles. The powdered soup pack that we bought yesterday has a free cup. Things like that are prevalent in groceries here. And when you add up the freebies that you get from those promos, they will amount to something. For the Christmas season, we will be flooded with countless promos of those grocery products.