Freebies With A Cost

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by remnant • Nov 15, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some freebies are straightforward at the beginning but when one subscribes without reading the fine print, you find that you are sent a PM requiring you to submit your credit card details prompting you to make a mandatory purchase before you get the freebie.

2. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I know, that drives me crazy. I always seem to fall for the "Sign up to get your free $50 Walmart gift card." I thought all I would need to do is fill in some info and sign up. But nope, I ended up taking endless surveys, and then they said I had to SIGN UP for some of the things I was interested in and actually purchase them online before I could get my F-R-E-E $50 gift card. HOW is that free?? And the really stupid part is, I think I've fallen for this one more than once. (I've never actually gone through with it, I usually X out as soon as I see them wanting me to purchase random items.) :rolleyes::mad:

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I did fall for such promotion once and then after I would skip them. It is a technique business' use to get people to sign up but little do we know there is always a catch. I have learned this as I did work in retail and most of our offers were just bate for customers to come in store.