Fresh & Easy Markets

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by attagirl • Apr 9, 2013.

1. attagirl

attagirlNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here shop at the Fresh & Easy Markets? If so, what do you like about shopping there, and how do you think the prices compare with other markets? Are there items you cannot find in other stores?

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have Fresh & Easy markets in the UK but it is owned by a British company, Tesco. Judging by the results on Google it hasn't been a success. The LA Times declared it a flop.

What is the actual concept behind Fresh & Easy Markets? What makes it different to the regular grocery store?

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have a Fresh and Easy Market here where I live. What kind of market is it,is it like the Farmers Markets that we have here that sale fresh produce or is it a local grocery store. I have never heard of the Fresh and Easy Market until now.

4. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I love Fresh and Easy! I love their variety. The cost is a little above average, but the quality makes it worth it. The one close to me has a great little cafe inside with all kinds of delicious foods. I tend to go for their salads. They also have great pre-packaged meals to go, which I love to grab on the way home.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a market like that here wish I did Id love to have one hopefully one day they will build one near me

6. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    Yes, I shop at my local store occasionally. I actually witnessed a mass shoplifting of Tide laundry detergent from the store. Luckily the shoplifter was later picked up. I usually get a fresh meal there for lunch on some days, as my school is within walking distance. Something quick to heat up in the microwave, the store has very friendly staff, well, at least not to that shoplifter they chased out of the store anyhow. :eek:

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Fresh and Easy Markets too. I like the fact that I can pick up healthy and/or organic food there and my regular cleaning products. I really like their pre-made meals. They are delicious and healthy. Also, you can pick up items at 50% of within a day of the product's expiration date.

Fresh and Easy Market was my favorite go-to store when I lived in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, my friend told me that the have a closed a couple of stores. That really makes me sad because they are a great grocery chain. The people were always very friendly.

8. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Fresh and Easy won me over. I remember when they came to Southern California and didn't know what to expect. I LOVE them. It is a sort of specialty market like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, but the prices are so reasonable. Their store brands are so good from pasta sauce to salad dressings, chips and snacks and they have a bakeshop. They have organics, good international foods, and even prepared foods (pot pies, potato salad, quick meals and the most incredible pesto hummus). If you join Fresh and Easy friends you choose bonus point items and it builds up cash for purchases. The coupons are great and you can print them on line ($5 off $25 or others). I use this coupon everytime I shop.

I hope they don't close, but I think they didn't market at first. Now they have the cutest commercials (you can see them on youtube). I gave up natiional chains and am a Fresh and Easy girl!

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard that they're closing some more stores. My friend in California shops there. Supposedly they have good organic foods and good ice cream. It's weird that a nice supermarket that sells healthier foods isn't doing well. You would think that since so many people are trying to eat healthier, the chain would be prospering.