Fresh Lemonade

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Dec 13, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you a lemonade drinker? I have learned that powdered lemonade have a lot of chemicals particularly the preservative. That was a long time ago, a good enough reason for me to plant lemon and lime in our backyard. I have also been advising neighbors to do the same, lemons can grow on pots. Now we have a regular supply of lemonade from the fresh lemons and limes that we harvest in our yard.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A great idea if you have the weather for it. Lemons and limes are great as drinks, but also to put in drinks just to flavor the water or to make lemon tea. Sadly in the UK growing lemons would be useless otherwise people would do it without a doubt.

We do have apple and pear trees, but the crop can vary from year to year.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love lemonade so I find myself making a pitcher of it almost daily. It is both delicious amd refreshing. Fortunately lemon is not expensive here so I usually buy lemon that can last me two weeks. Since I have started making my own lemonade I have stopped buying the other artificial juices.

4. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    I make my own lemonade, but I don't grow lemons. I buy them from my local marketplace and use a blender to blend the lemons whole, mix them with water and a pinch of sugar.

5. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    We have lime and lemon plants that give lemons and line for our needs. We never buy lime or lemon. Whenever we want to make lemonade, we get it from our garden. I love lemonade, however, I drink lemonade only during the summer.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I love lemonade and I do make it at home but not daily. Onky occasionally and with bought lemons.

I grow chillis but haven't thought of lemons.

I don't have enough space to make a small garden, I can only grow in small pots. I wonder if lemons can tolerate that small a space.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot really say that I have had really fresh lemonade all that often. I am not the biggest fan of the brand name stuff and the bottled stuff, but I would definitely like to try more of the fresh, real stuff. I need to find me some.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I always have a pitcher of lemonade at home for when I have large meals and need a good amount of a cold and delicious drink. I prefer to have some cold lemonade instead of purchasing sugar-concentrated/ syrup drinks such as Coca-Cola.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, my... How I love lemonade! :)

On hot days, it's one of the best and most delicious drinks. It's a simple but totally tasty and refreshing drink (and best of all, it's still extremely healthy). The more I drink, the more I want... It's addicting (I can't avoid :p)!