Fresh or Frozen Veggies

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jennifer • Jul 30, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Its only fresh vegetables and herbs for me.. the only two exceptions are frozen peas, and frozen sweet corn.. which I have to depend on when they are out of season. I really don't like frozen vegetables.. since I cook a lot of green leafy vegetables i prefer them fresh.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer fresh and I only buy what I need for three or four days. Cooked food lasts longer than fresh so if you have more than you can use before it goes bad, why don't you just cook it? You can still freeze it for later if you need to in most cases.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Whatever is on sale honestly. If its fresh we will use it sooner and have more salads and wraps and such. If its frozen we will do more casseroles and one pot meals. Either way we get our veggies!

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I prefer to buy fresh i don't like the taste of the frozen veggies and my kids like fresh veggies i think it's better and to me it feels healthy too so i never buy frozen veggies never even thought about it i only buy greens in a can but other than that it's all fresh

5. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with this! While fresh vegetables and fruits are always ideal (and, personally, I think they taste more delicious!), sometimes it's a money game. Whatever's in season and/or usually inexpensive works for me; I'm not picky with vegetables and fruits, to be honest. But, if there's a great deal that I can't pass up in the frozen foods aisle (such as 10 packages of frozen fruits/vegetables for $10, or Buy One Get One Free, etc.), then I'll be sure to check it out.

Frozen fruits and vegetables are really great to have around. I don't stock up on them, but I can easily throw them in the freezer and forget about them. When I'm not in the mood to cook or I don't have enough fresh vegetables, I can always count on the frozen veggies. A quick saute or steam, and they're ready to go. Frozen fruits are great as a cold snack in the summer or to throw in a smoothie.

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    No frozen vegetables for me and may family, only the fresh vegetables will do. They have a lot better taste and are better for you then the frozen ones.

7. NadineTorres0910

NadineTorres0910New Member

Threads:
    I find veggies very hard to keep and not a good thing to hid it in your fridge. I buy these only enough to consume it for a day or two so that this will not go to waste.

8. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like my vegetables fresh. The taste is different compare to the frozen kind. It's better to eat the fresh one. The nutrients we are getting from fresh vegetables are important. I believe that once it's frozen the nutrients will not be the same.

9. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    Frozen vegetables taste terrible. I won't eat canned vegetables either. I always go with organic fresh vegetables and fruits. I feel that frozen vegetables taste very plain and bland. There's just no flavor to them.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely fresh.. we buy ours from local farms

11. RotBaron

RotBaronNew Member

Threads:
    I generally always stick to a fresh before frozen rule but there are instances where I'll opt for frozen. Convenience is sometimes a factor and if the price isn't a whole lot different I don't mind buying a bag of stir fry vegetables. I couldn't ever imagine working with a once frozen onion or jalapenos (do they even sell these frozen?). The biggest thing for me though is price and I'll almost always pick whichever is cheaper because my time isn't that valuable.

12. kevin8624

kevin8624New Member

Threads:
    I like fresh veggies better than frozen. I am shopping for myself so that makes a pretty big difference. I could see going frozen if you were buying large quantities.