Frozen Yogurt Or Ice Cream?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 21, 2015.

1. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    When I was a kid, my parents owned a small restaurant that served fried foods, burgers, etc., as well as ice cream. Until I was about 30, ice cream was really all I knew (small town girl!). I've since discovered frozen yogurt, and now I'm hooked! I love most flavors, but I'm not crazy about the "cocktail" flavors.

Which is your favorite summer treat ... Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt?

2. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it's a question of Apples and Oranges. I like both and savor all flavors of both, except the vanilla flavor in ice cream. However, yogurt is great for health as it contains useful bacteria, that help us break down the food in our gut. Ice cream may just load up on calories.

Having said that life is not all about calories and health. On a scorching day, I would still go for a couple of sundaes.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I love both! There's this frozen yogurt shop just fifteen minutes from where I live and if I could, I would buy yogurt everyday! :) it's just really good. I love ice cream too, but I wouldn't buy Ice cream everyday, well..maybe I would but only if It tastes really great! and the cone that comes with it is not just flimsy and thin but thick and taste as well. So for me, I would have to say frozen yogurt over Ice cream at this moment.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy both as well. I was first introduced to frozen yogurt when I was a young child and my mom and I went to visit my grandma for the summer. There was a cafe in town that sold frozen yogurt and I remember that there were a lot of fruity flavors to chose from. I still love frozen yogurt to this day and my favorite is the green tea flavor that came out recently.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like both, but frozen yogurt seems to feel lighter on my palate, so on a really hot day, I'd go with the yogurt. But they both have my vote, one of life's little joys:).

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd choose ice cream every time! Frozen yogurt is OK but ice cream is delicious!

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer ice cream, even though I also love frozen yogurt. I think ice cream usually is more affordable, tastes better and have cooler flavors, and also a bigger variety. Granted, frozen yogurt is healthier, but as I have either of them only occasionally I don't feel that bad having my ice cream.

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer frozen yogurt I recently went out with my kids to a restaurant and they had the best yogurt I had ever tasted. and every since then I have been buying yogurt and I must say its healthy and I feel great. Ice is good also but I prefer now yogurt.

9. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't eaten ice cream even once since the day I discovered frozen yogurt. The only flavor I eat is chocolate. I'm also very picky about the brand. Kroger generic is what I like best. I've tried more expensive brands, but they always have a certain taste I just don't enjoy. I guess Kroger brand is what got me hooked, so it's what I'm going to have to stick with.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the flavors available in yogurt. I can not really enjoy ice cream any more due to lactose intolerance. The yogurt is a little healthier than the ice cream and I don't feel quility eating as much as I would like to eat.

11. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    I prefer Frozen Yogurt, but not for the obvious reasons. I just really like the flavor of yogurt, I guess. Ice cream never appealed to me that much, I would always take frozen yogurt over ice cream on a hot day.

12. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Ice cream and only the expensive kind. Yep, I managed to get finicky like a cat. I bought some dulche de leche (spelling?) and I was hooked. Having said this, I only buy it when it's on sale. There are some things in life which I'm willing to wait for rather than substituting something that just doesn't have the same high quality. Ice cream is one of those things.

13. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    Frozen yoghurt is something that I do enjoy but mainly because it is a lower fat alternative to ice cream. Given the choice (and given calorie free ice cream) I would always go for ice cream. I have a major sweet tooth and as nice as frozen yoghurt is, it just does not cut it.

14. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Ice Cream all the way! I think they're a bit similar though, although, some Frozen Yoghurt are as hard as an icecream, I do not enjoy that one. I enjoy the ones that are really soft, which icecream can be like that too though.

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love both for different reasons, and I have each depending on my mood at the time. Overall, ice-cream is "naughtier" and more delicious, and frozen yogurt is like the healthier option. I tend to put vanilla frozen yogurt in my smoothies. In terms of flavours, I like vanilla for ice-cream and vanilla and strawberry for frozen yogurt :)

16. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to say chocolate ice cream. I'm not into fruity flavors, so while frozen yoghurt may seem healthier, I prefer flavor and enjoyment.

I do have a lactose intolerance so I can't have very much dairy, therefore what I can eat I need to enjoy as much as possible.

17. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy both, but I eat ice cream more often. I’m another one who likes the somewhat expensive brands; if I want to indulge, I’m gonna go big. But I’m still restrictively indulgent, so I limit my consumption to a few times a month. That said, frozen yogurt reminds me of my childhood. When I need a little nostalgia, I’ll go for frozen yogurt.

18. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I am allergic to cow's milk, so I cannot eat ice-cream or frozen custard unless it is made with goat's milk, but yogurt has just enough change in the protein due to the fermentation that I can eat it. I am sure that other people also experience this (When I have enough access to goat's milk I make frozen custard). Also, frozen yogurt is generally healthier.

19. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a shame, @thomas pendrake@thomas pendrake! There are so many soya substitutes out there, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some soya based ice-cream and maybe frozen yogurt. I've had soya yogurt and it's just as delicious, surprisingly creamy. Maybe you could have a look around and see if there's anything along those lines, that's if you can be bothered LOL

20. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I go for ice cream. Whenever I have frozen yogurt I feel kind of yucky because I think the sugar density is too high with no fat to balance it. Ice cream seems to have a much better balance of fat to sugar, so I can tolerate it better. Frozen yogurt also seems to give me a brain freeze much more than ice cream because of the lack of cream making it feel so much colder.