Frozen Yogurt Or Ice Cream?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 21, 2015.

1. Matthew Malka

Matthew MalkaNew Member

Threads:
    Both of them tend to be really enjoyable summer treats but since most people want to stay on a diet routine and such the amount of fat in yogurt is little to nothing as oppose to ice cream, I would suggest the lather choice.However, some people don't like the over all taste since you have no fat on it.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I've tried frozen yogurt and I don't really like it. For some reason I just never liked yogurt in general. I guess it just feels bland to me. I love ice cream though. It's one of the few types of snack I'm nuts about.

3. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    I get both from the supermarket freezer when they're on sale (not in my shopping list :)) But I go for the 2kg 'Greek Yoghourt' Natural. With ice cream, it's Streets or Bulla for me. Just right amount of sweetness. Peter's Nestle ice creams have that sugar empowering kind of I-don't-understand-texture.

4. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    My all time favorite summer treat is ice cream and there are lots of flavors I love so it's hard for me to pick just one. I can totally eat ice cream all year round at home so not just during the summer. A long time ago I remember having peach frozen yogurt at a miniature golf place and it was really delicious. I do like both ice cream and frozen yogurt.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I love frozen yogurt (especially when I'm on diet mode), if icecreams weren't as ruinous to the health as they currently are, I'd choose them anytime of the day. I love the texture of icecream and the way it melts in your mouth before the flavor seeps in and envelops your tongue. I don't buy a lot of sugar-free icecreams because they have a rather muted taste and Double Dutch and Cookies and Cream are best eaten sweet. I'd be happy, though, if food companies start making yogurt icecreams. That'd be a breakthrough.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I really like frozen yogurt, but I absolutely love ice cream. If there is a place that sells both I would most definitely have an ice cream any day of the week, I just love it that much. My girlfriend loves frozen yogurt though, so I have some with her whenever she has a craving.

7. jfab

jfabNew Member

Threads:
    If you're not watching your weight, I'd say you go for ice cream. Yogurt is good for people on a strict diet. As for me, I'd go get myself some rocky road ice cream. The summer heat is killing me!

8. mpvb

mpvbNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on my mood, but most of the time I'll choose ice cream! Lucky for me, I just moved to a small town where they're big on creameries, so I'm spoiled by amazing ice cream. Not such a good thing for my waist, though! My all-time favorites will always been cookies 'n cream and mint chocolate chip. At the grocery store, I like to look for Ben & Jerry's

. I don't know if they still sell it, but it is AMAZING. It has pieces of chocolate covered potato chips. I also really like peanut butter & jelly ice cream. I haven't seen it anywhere else other than at Wegman's.

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer frozen yogurt because it is healthier. My favorite FroYo place here in my country is called Red Mango. You just order a serving of plain FroYo and add toppings like fruits, nuts, etc. I also like ice cream, and I enjoy making my own ice cream. Sadly, I am on a diet right now, so I am cutting my ice cream intake.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yogurt tastes a bit bland and a bit sour, so I'd go for the creamy option which is ice cream anytime. I don't like chocolate that much though. I'd rather buy other flavors like Cookies 'N Cream or Double Dutch.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a frozen yogurt kind of person, and never have been. In fact, I don't really know if I have ever really tasted frozen yogurt. It is not as popular over here in the UK, as it appears to be in other countries such as the US. I'm not good with dairy products, and that includes ice-cream. But on the odd occasion, I do enjoy some good ice-cream. It is probably a really good thing that my favorite ice-cream is ridiculously overpriced, because even if my body did agree with it, I wouldn't be able to eat it in volume anyway.

12. kofter128

kofter128New Member

Threads:
    Normally I like ice cream more, but lately I have been hooked to yogurt too! It's also better for you, it's more nutritious and generally I find frozen yogurts to be cheaper in my area. But then again, it all depends on the brand of the product, all of these factors are subject to change so really I tend to go with the flow when I'm around browsing in the store.

13. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    Being on a diet I am eating more frozen yoghurt now. I like makIng my own with Muller fat free yoghurt mixed with strawberries and then frozen. When you are on a diet it tastes like heaven!
    However, if I were not on a diet I would choose the creamiest ice cream available. I once had an icecream maker and made frozen pure cream with a little sugar. That was amazing!

14. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I prefer frozen yogurt, although I eat ice cream more frequently. In my opinion, the consistency of frozen yogurt is more creamy and soft. I also like the fact that there is frozen yogurt made with soy milk instead of cow milk. I also like the presentation of frozen yogurt better than ice cream lol.

15. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been on a frozen yogurt kick. It's healthy and it tastes good. Yogurt Mountain is the spot I usually go to. Definitely check it out if you haven't already. Not sure if there are a lot of locations nationally, though. Don't get me wrong, I love ice cream as well, it's just not a very healthy option. So I eat it rarely.

16. karebear07

karebear07New Member

Threads:
    I would go for frozen yogurt!!! Ever since the whole Pink berry crazy I have been addicted to a good cup of frozen yogurt. I love desserts and after i eat frozen yogurt I feel like guilty because I know it has a lot less calories than ICE CREAM. Please there are so many frozen yogurt shops now, it is very convieneint and plus can choose your own flavors and toppings! :)

17. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    The texture might resemble, but they're in fact quite different if you think about it, since the health benefits of frozen yogurt are plentiful, whereas ice cream has little to no benefits, like someone else said above. I personally prefer both, anyway, since I don't consume that much of neither and it wouldn't affect my health. :)

18. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I'd honestly take generic, not high quality ice cream over really good frozen yogurt. It's not that I don't like frozen yogurt, I do. It's just ice cream tastes so much better to me. Frozen yogurt is so much healthier, and a store is only 5 minutes away from me, but I still overall prefer ice cream.

19. Heather_Rose

Heather_RoseNew Member

Threads:
    I love both ice cream and frozen yogurt, but I've (tragically) recently developed a sensitivity to dairy. I find that, aside from its other health benefits (probiotic, etc), frozen yogurt is much easier for me to digest, and leaves me with better breath. However, I feel like I can't in good faith pass up the chance to put in a good word for gelato, my all-time favorite frozen treat. Nothing beats a freshly made gelato on a hot day!

20. bodiesstretch

bodiesstretchNew Member

Threads:
    I'd take ice cream over frozen yogurt any day of the week. There are just so many flavors and types to choose from. I know it's unhealthy and has a million calories, but I eat it rarely and in small amounts.
    Come to think of it, the is something I'd prefer over ice cream. A nice cold beer.