Frozen Yogurt Or Ice Cream?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 21, 2015.

1. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I guess I'd have to say both. I mean it would really depend on my mood. Like right now I'm watching my weight so I'd go for frozen yogurt. But there are just those times when only ice cream can satisfy my cravings. Ice cream is undeniably more delicious than frozen yogurt, but the fat in it is what ticks me off sometimes. Also, there are ice cream flavors that are too sweet that it makes me gag.

2. anorexorcist

anorexorcistNew Member

Threads:
    I like both! But when I'm eating frozen yoghurt makes me feel a little bit less guilty about a the carbohydrates than if I eat an ice cream, even if they have the same cabs, frozen yoghurt feels a little bit more healthy to me. But I like better the way that ice cream tastes in comparison to frozen yoghurt, so I guess I'm in the middle!

3. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I like both of them but I eat more ice cream then frozen yogurt. My partner prefers ice cream so that seems to be whatever we get when we pick up a tub. If I go to an ice cream stand and they have frozen yogurt I will buy it then. I like most of it but my favorite flavor is cappuccino.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I like both frozen yogurt and ice cream, but I prefer ice cream hands down.

Frozen yogurt was first trendy choice back in the late 1970s, and I barely remember my mom buying loads of it for me and my sister at the regular ice cream parlor, that changed to sell naturist products, starring frozen yogurt.

Today I found it not that bad for the taste and the memory, but not to the extent to put regular ice cream aside.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love both ice cream and frozen yogurt. I tend to choose yogurt on my not cheat days as of course it is healthier. I love frozen yogurt with fruits as it adds taste to it. I love Red Mango which serves the best frozen yogurt in our place.

For ice cream, I love cheese and ube flavors. I always buy dirty ice cream from our streets when I am able to catch him. I find the taste of this ice cream is better than commercial ice creams!

6. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with soya substitutes is that soy products are not all that healthy for anyone not of Japanese descent, and especially for any men. Besides the fact that allergy to soy is almost as common as allergy to peanuts (thank goodness I am not allergic to peanuts),, soy contains female hormones. I would be interested in trying almond frozen custard. I try to avoid soy.

7. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    I'll go for Ice Cream !!

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a yogurt fan so it is ice cream for me. In fact, we have 2 half gallons of ice cream in the fridge now - macapuno nangka flavor and the other is blueberry cheescake. But I buy frozen yogurt sometimes for my mother who is a stroke victim since 5 years ago. Ice cream is not good for her but frozen yogurt is allowed.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh gosh, I didn't know this about soya! We really do learn something every day. All I knew about soya is that apparently it's high in calories, although some would argue these are "healthy" calories. I've also heard that it gives some people wind. It's a little disappointing because I have found soya products to be delicious :( Sadly, I don't like custard, so I doubt I'd like the frozen version any better.

10. lalacrazy

lalacrazyNew Member

Threads:
    It depends, I love frozen yogurt (especially vanilla) during the hot summer months as a cool treat. Frozen yogurt is cool, smooth and very refreshing. Now ice cream is a comfort dessert to me. Ice cream is so rich and delicious to eat that it's hard to stop eating! All in all, both are delicious but I view frozen yogurt as more of a snack and generally prefer ice cream.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Neither will help with weight, but I digress.

When I was still eating dairy, I was a fan of both. Neither are healthful, so why not.. a treat is a treat. These days I make my own cruelty-free versions, so no more guilt (for the animals or my weight lol)

12. Lushlala

Threads:

I agree, JosieP; neither is exactly that healthy and their consumption won't help anyone keep the excess weight at bay, sadly. But what I'm interested in is knowing what healthy, non-dairy treats you make at home LOL Please share, if you don't mind :)

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can make one ingredient nondairy ice cream by blending frozen banana slices in a blender or food processor. The bananas end up with the consistency of soft serve ice cream.

14. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    There is nothing better than a lime based or citrus flavored frozen yogurt. Ice cream is okay, but what that, I usually go with a rich chocolate variety of sorts. I'd rather have the lime or orange on a hot day. Chocolate ice cream and its variants are more of a comfort food so the thing.

Gosh. I realized that I think way too much about these things. I'm going to lie down now.

15. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My top choice, which is sometimes difficult to find, is frozen custard. Next is ice cream and sherbet/sorbet, depending on the season, and how hot it is. My least favorite is frozen yogurt. I will still eat ice cream in the Summer, but definitely prefer clearer, less milky or creamy concoctions, or slushes. Full fat is a winner in the colder months.

16. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Most home made "ice cream" recipes are actually frozen custard, and popular soft-serve ice creams are actually frozen milk, although some are frozen custard (I can remember DQ advertising as frozen custard).
    Many people who have cow-milk allergy issues can eat frozen yogurt. I am one of those.
    Soy is high in protein, so those who can eat it find it healthy.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    That sounds interesting, ACSAPA, thanks for responding! I love bananas, so I can imagine them making a delicious alternative. I'll be sure to give that a try and see how I like it. With summer right round the corner for me, I'm trying to shed the few kilos I gained over the winter, so healthy eating is currently the order of the day.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, banana ice cream is the easiest, so it's the one I go to the most. At first eating banana ice cream was tiring and very... bananafull lol. But I got used to it and there are plenty of ways to mask the flavour. I love making pina colada ice cream, or chocolate etc. There are plenty of non dairy ice creams you can make without bananas though. Some will be on the icy side without the fat though, so finding a fat that won't ruin the flavour is important.. or stick to bananas lol, perfect consistency. Just blend the banana and add the smallest drizzle of water as you go along. The less water the better, it's just like ice cream.

There are also recipes for non dairy versions of pudding, yogurt, cheese.. you name it. I'm not a fan of the "cheeses" myself, but everything else is worth the switch :)

19. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    BOTH!
    Depends on my mood. Had ice cream last night, girl and I stopped in and got two big waffle cones before the fireworks.

20. Lushlala

Threads:

Look, you guys had me at "banana" hehe I love my bananas and have one every day. I know it sounds OTT but I just can't get over them. So for me, just that basic recipe is enough. I bet I could even find a few variations on the www. I don't know why I never considered it before, but you ladies have definitely piqued my interest. thanks :)