Frugal Entertainment?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Jan 28, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people spend more money than they should on entertainment because they never try to find cheaper ways to have fun. But fact is you don't have to spend a lot of money each weekend or every other night to have some fun.

Here some "fun" things to do that don't cost much:

- Attend free community events.
    - Join a book club and spend some time discussing books with friends.
    - Go hiking.
    - Play a board game with family.

More?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One frugal free thing to do is going to the library. At the library there's internet connected computers and laptops, books & cd's to borrow for free and dvd's to borrow for a $1. Parks to enjoy and beaches to take in the fresh sea breezes. How about a nice window shopping for you'll get exercise and see all the new things that shops have.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who loves window shopping. He goes out with no intention of buying just to look at what he might buy in future and to compare prices to find out which store sells the stuff he needs at the lowest prices. It can be a good way to pass time if you take no money with you when you go window shopping.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    My form of frugal entertainment is binge watching movies and popular television series I download online. The good thing about it is that they're in HD and I can watch them anytime I want.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    All of these ideas are things my family and I do and are great ideas. I would also like to add working on a puzzle could be a great fun project, making a homemade pizza and settling in to watch a movie at home.

6. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy doing puzzles and window shopping. My family always got together to play cards and Pokeno a board game. Taking the grandchildren to the park to fly kites is another idea.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    When we are on a budget we usually just stay home and watch some tv shows or movies. At most we'd maybe just but a pizza or some popcorn. A good thing about doing this is that you get to have a movie experience but you also get to control the price of snacks, and preparing them at home can be very cost efficient. For example you could make pizza bagels, nachos, or any other finger foods that will probably cost ten times as much if you buy it at a store.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I love playing board games with my family, and it can pass a lot of time and bring plenty of enjoyment with it, too. I think it's great to realise that you can actually have quality time with having to spend any more or go anywhere - the only thing you need to do is to surround yourself with the ones you love, which is of course a great idea, so this is something that you should do if you want to have fun without spending too much money.

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Here are my frugal entertainment ideas:

1. Take advantage of the village's pool or court. Play sports or swim with your family.
    2. Have a picnic on parks and centers that are free. There are tons of free picnic areas to eat Sunday lunch on.
    3. Find an outdoor movie park.
    4. Go to an amusement park that has no entrance fee.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing that comes to my mind is the arcade of yore. I have a nephew who is an addict in computer games that he spends all his money in playing in the arcade. Worse, he would skip classes in the afternoon to be in the game area. When the smart phone emerged with game apps, the landscape changed. Most arcade addicts are now glued to their phones. So much is saved with money and also time. At least they are playing... on their phone at home.

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I love the one about going hiking. I especially love it this time of year when there is a little snow on the ground because it seems quiet to me, and of course it is good exercise which is always a positive. I think that getting into a routine is important though, and making it a point to get out there really helps, and that just saves you more money and is a much more enjoyable experience than many other activities.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Download a bunch of ebooks and games and you will be preoccupied for quite some time without even leaving the house. I don't like to leave the house because I end up getting hungry and thirsty roaming the mall, so I end up spending money on food, so I would rather just stay at home.