Furniture Sale Of Old Stock

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Oct 9, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every December, there is a sale of old stock furniture by the biggest furniture store that we are fortunate to be near its depot. We bought our wooden bed with a mattress some years ago to the tune of 50% discount. Now we are aiming for an elegant dining set that is wood which costs around $400 for the regular price. If it would be discounted at 50% in December, we would surely buy it.

In buying furniture and appliances, we always have a plan and we time the purchase when there is a sale (unless it is an emergency case like the TV which broke and needed a replacement immediately).

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    It is always good to buy during the sale and discounts. I also buy clothes, electronic items,furniture and other accessories during the sale and discounts. October is a festival month in my home country. On October, many stores and production companies offer huge festive discounts.I am planning to buy a lot of things during this festive season.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It's great when you can take advantage of major sales, especially clearance sales. I hope you enjoy your new dining set.

Beds can be really expensive, so it pays to shop around or wait for sales.

Furniture is one of the items that is said to have the highest mark ups, so getting a big discount is important. To me, it means it will be more reasonably priced. I never pay full price for furniture.

We purchased most of the furniture that we got new on sale or clearance. We also have some pieces of good, used, wood furniture.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    There seems to be more and more stores lately that are having sales and while that is obviously a good thing, it does tend to make me wonder if we have been paying over the odds in the past for home furniture and appliances. Why all of a sudden are stores able to sell items at a fraction of the RRP? A few years ago there used to be a sale on at specific times of the year but now we have a sale that ends on a Friday and then another one starts the following Monday and it feels like they are constantly on.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The December holidays are good times to take advantage of discounts in things which are not in vogue like stationery. To get discounts on furniture, I would prefer to go to an auction where items are bought on as is where is basis.

6. will donati

will donatiNew Member

Threads:
    Why not try for new furnitures at discount sales? Furnitures being an investment for a long time to come I would always prefer to have new ones. Have you tried for stores which sell at discount, warehouse prices? They might fit into your budget. Recently I bought few furnitures from the furniture stores, surplus furniture

. They have their prices listed . Try checking with them. Where are you located? Also check if they are available near to your place? I guess they have mattresses too.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That would be a good plan. Set of furniture doesn't get old. It is the stock that really counts which need to be replaced a new production. That is why, it is sold to give way to a new stock in a lesser or discounted price. Just like the electronic gadgets like laptop, tablets, cellphones, etc. are sold sometimes in a discounted prices for there are new edition or latest model of such items.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Which store are you referring to? I would like to visit it as well during December. I never tried to shop for a furniture yet because relatives are always giving us their old furniture. So a 50% discount is a huge one that should not be taken for granted, especially if the item is expensive.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I see buying of old furniture with very high discount as good deal. One thing though, I wouldn't like it if the furniture appear too old or over used. This helped me in 2013 when I had to travel to another city, good miles away from my family, for a one year contract. Knowing I wasn't staying for long I got some old furniture for a ridiculously low price.