Future Learn Free Courses

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Jan 22, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here is a site that I have used in the past for some free courses. Once you sign up you can take as long as you need to complete it. There is a good selection, from setting up your own business, history, how to write a CV, nutrition, and science.

You can pay for a certificate if you wish, but other than that the courses are free and are run by the Open University, and some others include King's College, and other leading universities in the world.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It sounds like something good to check out. I will look at it. I am always into free things of course! I would like to find out how to get a TEFL certificate for free. There are a lot of courses that offer the training for free, but they do not issue the certificate so that kind of defeats the purpose.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can't get a TEFL for free, but Groupon/Wowcher etc,. always have offers on TEFL courses and that would be a better idea. These free courses have good and free materials available so they are still useful, so when it comes to studying you have a foundation. Basically any certificate that qualifies you has to be paid, by someone as it has to be endorsed by a professional.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Good to know about sites where you can learn for free. Life is for learning and I like visiting sites that help you learn for free. Thanks a lot. Here is another place called alison.com just like your futurelearn.com/.

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    There are a couple of sites that offer free courses nowadays. In fact, MIT uploads all of their presentations online including problem sets, work books, and solutions, which students can utilize to improve on areas that they want to focus on. This move by MIT is a tremendous help to students who don't have enough money for a proper education since they easily access the files online; and as far as I'm concerned, the learning materials of MIT are some of the best in world.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the other sites like edX and Coursera. I have tried Alison, but I find their structure a bit too clunky as in you have to follow the modules.

The thing about futurelearn is that it does other courses like script writing, film making, how to write fiction, and how to write a resume. These are all from top universities and the film courses are from the BFI (British Film Institute) which is where all film makers have membership.

7. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Seems like an interesting site. I'll have to check it out. I'm just so glad to see so many more online educational sites out there. I've been taking online courses from Coursera since they first launched, and I've known about edX for a long time, but I have never taken a course there yet, but I hope to one day.