Game of Thrones, mixed feelings

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by S.L.Diamond • May 7, 2013.

1. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of The Game Of Thrones, but lately the episodes seemed to be dragging on.
    The character storyline I always look forward to, is Daenerys Targaryen(Mother of Dragons).
    Although at times she comes across annoying and whiny, I love the whole dragon plot, and the scene at the end of Season3-Ep4 was amazing! *Spoiler*
    The moment when Daenerys spoke in her mother tongue (Valyrian), thus revealing she understood every slanderous word Kraznys had said about her during their negotiations, for the army of Unsullied.
    The look on his face... Priceless. Then Daenerys made that bad ass move, when she roared out orders to her new army, telling them to kill their masters and set the slaves free, at that point I was on the edge of my seat.
    And to top it all off, she set the army of Unsullied free, giving them the choice to follow her.
    Now, not only does she have the Unsullied, an army of warriors to be reckoned with, but she most importantly has their loyalty. An item more powerful than the golden whip, which in that memorable scene she cast aside, showing it's hold over the army was now worthless, as she herself took it's place. *goosebumps*

I am still waiting patiently for her storyline to be extended. I was completely horrified after S3 E6 was shown and the Daenerys storyline didn't even make an appearance! The next episode must be based more around her story (I hope.).
    I suppose we shall see.

2. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    You know, I keep hearing the name of this show but I've never even seen it! What is the basic premise of the show? I try to avoid tv shows until later when I can watch a whole lot of episodes at one time. I hate waiting a week for the next chapter.

3. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    It's basically a show set in medieval fantasy world about several families who are trying to claim "The Iron Throne" and rule the seven kingdoms. Throw in some scenes of nudity, Dragons, demonic entities, bloodshed and a little romance and you have Game Of Thrones.

I'm sure someone else can give a better insight, but I gave it a shot :eek:

I won't advise anyone to watch it really, because at times it can be quite slow and even I struggle to keep interest, but as I said, I do stick it out for the Daenerys storyline.
    Not to say it isn't a good show, when it's good, it's really good. :D

4. MaraJadeC

MaraJadeCMember

Threads:
    Dany's storyline is definitely one of the resons why I watch the show..one of the reasons. :) But I enjoy watching how every character is moving on the playing field. Every one of them with their own goals, morals and beliefs. It's just chaos everywhere you look! I also love the character development of some characters Jaime Lannister to name one..a redeemed bad guy. So I really don't mind episodes without Dany or those with a lot of dialogue..I am addicted to the whole show! :D

5. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    Game of Thrones is actually political drama masquerading as a sword-and-sorcery medieval fantasy. It's core story lines are about treachery, political machinations, intrigue and all manner of maneuvering by powerful people on all sides to secure even more power. The magic and sorcery are just a metaphor for today's world politics.

I adore Daenerys and am always wondering what she will say or do next!

6. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that I like Dany's character. Her story is one that I always look forward to seeing, she is a great character. However, Game of Thrones has a very large cast and whole lot of sub plots. So, not all characters will be shown each week, and there will be those times when a character won't be seen at all. Don't worry, I doubt the Dany character is going anywhere, she is quite popular with viewers, and she has a huge arc still to be told from the books.

7. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    Game of Thrones is the title of the first book of a long series of books by George R.R. Martin. To me it's more an adult version of Tolkien filled with sex scenes and brutality. The tv show is now up to the third book (A storm of Swords) written back in 2000. I've only read up to the 4th book but I won't spoil anything for the tv viewers. I do recommend you give the books a try but what frustrates me is the slight changes the HBO show does to an already decent storyline.

8. burdianex

burdianexNew Member

Threads:
    What is the Game Of Thrones about?
    Can someone explain what it is about in one or two paragraphs everyone keeps telling me to watch it. i'm not usually into medieval stuff so if anyone here can tell me what it's about and their opinion on it

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It's just my opinion, not trying to get anyone angry in here, but, i think that the series already got to the peak and now is declining until it all ends.
    This already happened to Heroes and LOST, but Heroes never got to a proper ending, and LOST was just... there.

I hope that this ends soon or i will just drop it.

10. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    Heroes was a major disappointment towards the last season. Let's not even talk about Lost.

I totally agree, I really hope the writers for Game of Thrones manage to keep the series interesting. The books are a great source of material to begin with, let's hope the screenwriters don't screw up.