Games to Learn a New Language

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by DesignerMum • Nov 18, 2014.

1. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of getting or downloading a game to help me learn new languages. I have been learning Spanish and French online with several websites, but I need a bit of a fun boost to stay motivated. :p Do you know any games that I could download to help me casually learn a new language?

#1Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    I love the idea of having fun while learning and studying anything new! When it comes to languages, there are too many games online and offline. There's this website that offer simple games to learn Spanish online. I loved the Hang Man game, it will make you answer the wrong answers in purpose just to see the man hanged. there are many other games as well in this website, enjoy!

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    You could try getting Influent on Steam, it's a game where you learn over 300 commonly used words and phrases in many different languages! At the moment I believe there are roughly 10 different languages you can pick up as DLC.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are so many ways to learn a new language, playing games, reading books and listening to recordings online. I think the hard part maybe deciding which language you would like to learn. I want to learn Spanish. I took French in school and need to brush up.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about you try to download Duolingo? I don't know whether one can consider this app as merely an app but there are questions and answers involved, similar to a quiz. This kind of dynamics helps in the retention process, giving the user an idea of how to use Spanish or French words in a given context.