GameStop - Don't sell your games!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by toughtrasher • Jul 19, 2012.

1. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    Selling your games to any store is silly. They don't give you nearly enough money for your games. Your better off selling them on EBay or Craig's List. It's just such a waste at Gamestop. Then they mark the games up like 4 times what they gave you! If people buy them from Gamestop at that price they will buy them off you at that price as well!

2. Buckeye

BuckeyeNew Member

Threads:
    I used to regularly buy used games from GameStop, however, I would never sell them a game or system again. I received a video game console as a gift but I had been having financial troubles and I wanted to sell it in order to buy groceries. I asked my brother to take it in and see how much they'd give me for everything..console, memory card, controllers, and several games. He didn't understand my instructions to get an estimate and came back with $12 store credit. I was so upset I never even used that store credit.

They got everything for basically nothing then turned around and sold it for a very nice profit (I went back to see what they were selling it for) I would never begrudge a store making a profit but they certainly took advantage of a kid who obviously didn't know any better.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never knew that GameStop does that, since I don't own any gaming consoles, but I do have cd-roms of pc games. We have GameStop here in my country as well, so I wonder if they do the same shady practice where they buy your games at a very low price.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's obvious that they wouldn't pay you such high prices for used games, that would lead them to ruin, but even then they drop the price too much. You either keep it or sell it through eBay or some other place, Gamestop is so place definitely to avoid in the future.

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I am already very hipped to Gamestop and the way they sell their games. Gamestop is very cheap when it comes to buying used products. There is one thing I can say about them though. They usually don't sell the items they buy for much more than what they got it for. I have bought games from Gamestop for little to nothing at all. Although they were used games, they were still worth the purchase.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Yea, agree with a lot of the comments about Game Stop. It is kind of hard to imagine that they could pay so little for games you spent hundreds of dollars on. Personally, it's worth it to me just to keep the old games for nostalgia purposes every once in awhile. If you do sell them, do it online or even just donate them

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gamestop once offered me $3 for Red Dead Redemption for PS3 , and this was when the game was still popular and winning awards.
    I did not sell it to them. I found out that one of my online coworkers was in need of a Christmas gift for her teenage son, so I sent it to her. It was in mint condition, so it was like giving him a new game.
    I'd rather give a game to someone that really wants it than take Gamestop's insulting $3.

8. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty common knowledge, we don't have Gamestop we're I'm from and when I cashed my games in I managed to get a fairly decent price but it was nothing compared to what I could have got otherwise. If you're looking to offload your old games/consoles definitely just put it up on eBay/Kijiji/Gumtree/Craigslist, you'll save a ton of $.

9. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    The best way to resell a game is craigslist. But it's also the riskiest. lol.

10. tcomfortbl

tcomfortblNew Member

Threads:
    I agree, my boys traded in some games a few months ago and I felt like they were given practically nothing for them.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best money I've gotten for used games was on eBay. I remember that when Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow was a new game , I sold my copy for $29 on eBay. That's a lot more than I would have gotten at Gamestop.

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Gamestop is very good place to buy games from, because they always have great prices. I was fully aware of their ranges whenever you try to sell something to them though. They never give you what you paid for back, that is how they make their money.