Garage sale - how to?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mafdet • Mar 14, 2014.

1. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I'm thinking about organizing a garage sale. I attended one some time ago and it seems to be a very good way for the seller to get rid of things he/she does not need any more and also for the buyer who can find very interesting and sometimes unique products offered very cheap. You do need a space where to arrange everything and I think it's a lot more profitable if you organize it together with someone else, a friend or a family member that can help you and keep you company. You can advertise it on Facebook so that all your friends can come and it can be set during the weekend.

I'd like to know if any of you has any experience with organizing a garage sale, how did it go, was it worth the time and effort, etc.

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I love garage sales, both holding them and going to them! Just post some signs up, advertise on Facebook, and start early! I would start the sale at around 9 a.m. on a weekend. It's such a good way to get rid of extra stuff and make a few bucks. (Maybe a lot of bucks, depending what you're selling!)