garage sale

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by kitkat0124 • Aug 31, 2013.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    My neighbor did a garage sale last week, I bought a nice vase for a very reasonable price. Did you find something in a garage sale that you think you pay really cheap compare to the actual price or worth of that thing?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought a lot of 10 cent books and 50 cent wine glasses at garage sales. There used to be a lot of garage sales in my neighborhood until the police started driving around to them and demanding to see a permit, which costs a fee.
    Now it's rare to see a yard sale around here.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    My friend loves garage sales. She is always finding all kinds of great stuff that she uses to decorate her apartment. She has a real knack for it, and occasionally finds things for me, but I rarely go to the sales myself.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Garage sales aren't common in my area, so I can't really say that I found a great find over there, but I occasionally go to those sales in the malls.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have found several good buys over the years but don't go to them much anymore. The best thing that I have been able to buy at garage sale is tools. To buy tools brand new can be really expensive but can be bought for much less at garage sales. I have also found that some of the older tools are much more durable and made to last as compared to newer tools made from cheap materials.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Sometimes i even go looking for the garage sales because i know i will find out something really good that i been looking forever and that they are selling for cheap!

7. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    My dad loves garage sales. He will help his friends sell theirs too. Recently he helped one of his friends to sell his garage.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to one in ages, but it's a great way to buy cheap books.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What? At a garage sale, he helped someone sell their garage? Do you mean he just sold the entire house? I don't think you can legally sell just one room of a house.
    That's the first time I've heard of a garage sale where someone actually sold the garage. People usually sell the contents of the garage.

Or did you mean a garage business ,like a mechanic shop?

10. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I haven't been to a garage sale in awhile, but I go thrifting a lot. :) I found some really nice outfits for our son. It's hard to find sizes 0-3 in regular stores believe it or not, and I find a lot more at the thrift shops! I really miss yard saling. I had some great times with my family going from sale to sale. I also love flea markets, but we still frequent them from time to time.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually hit up a few garage sales this weekend and got a lot of nice things for a good price. I got a my baby can read product that came with everything except for one of the dvds for 3 bucks I also got a nice lamp for 3 bucks and I got some cute outfits for my daughter 25 cents a piece and some toy cars 25 cents a piece for my son got my kids a leap frog toy for 3 bucks and it's like brand new also I got a very nice coffee table for 10 bucks. I love garage sales u can usually get a lot of nice things for a very cheap price.