Garden tools: Gas, Electric or manual?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 9, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to mowing the lawn I tend to prefer to use a gas powered mower. The availability of electrical outlets limit the option of an electric lawnmower. A hand powered mower is too much effort for me. When it comes to other tools, however, I am a fan of manual tools. I will rake the leaves rather than using a leaf blower. I will had prune any bushes that need it rather than using an electric hedge trimmer.

When it comes to maintaining your yard, are you a fan of gas or electric? Do you prefer the quieter manual version of many garden tools?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    If we talk about a small yard then manual is what I'd choose since there's no point in paying for gas powered tools. But if the yard in question is HUGE, gas powered is the way to go. Working in the yard is fun and all but in the autumn I'd rather do something else - all those leaves would drive me crazy if I'd have to gather them with a rake.

Anyway, most of friends bough powered tools. I'm guessing men like their toys noisy :eek:

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer all my tools manual. Like most other retired people, I don't have much work to do, and for that reason the little that must be done, has to be made to stretch.

I suppose that does save me a little when it comes to paying for gas or electricity that could have been used but it does a lot more. By doing work that demands exertion, I stay fit and that means the physician hardly gets any dough from me.