Gardening

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Achraf • Aug 31, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    how often do i need to water the garden ?

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Most plants are sensitive when it comes to the time of watering them. The best time to water a plant is in the morning before the sun becomes unbearable like maybe before 8 AM, and in the afternoon just about before the sunset maybe at 5 PM. it's not good to water a plant at high noon or when the sun is particularly hot because it might make the plant perish and eventually die.

3. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    @TheOtherSide@TheOtherSide I agree with you. The best time to water a plant is early in the morning while it's still cool. This will allow the water to run down into the soil and get to the root without excess water loss through evaporation.

#3Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    If you are lucky, the rain will help you out and bail you out when you forget, which is often for me. Of course it depends on a lot of thigns, but a couple times a week is a good rule of thumb.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the season. We live in a tropical country and it is imperative to water the plants twice a day, preferably in the early morning and late afternoon. But during the rainy season, it is obvious that plants do not need watering. However, when it doesn't rain for 2 days, you have to water the plants on the 3rd day otherwise they can be dehydrated. Take note that too much water is not good for the plants so that's a double jeopardy of wasting water and killing your plants.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    As Alexanboy stated it depends on the season, if it's summer and the weather is hot then you water the garden often, if it's winter, then no need

7. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on the type of climate in your country and the kind of plants that you have in your garden. In a country with very hot and dry climate, planting frequently and regularly is needed, like very early in the morning and then in the evening after the sun goes down. Again some plants need very little water and prefer damp soil only and so such plants require watering only a couple of times a week. Some plants need more water, so it is really something that you should work out depending on climate and the plants you have.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside of when it's a good time to water your garden you go.t to see what plants need for some plants like lots of water and some don't need that much water. Check your plants to see what they need and when they need watering. I don't have a dishwasher so washing by hand I can catch water in a little plastic container. I water my garden of broad leaf plantain and aloe with a fern plant and red ti leaf for good luck. Just no room for veggies at my apt.