Gas Leaks

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by remnant • Nov 15, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Gas leaks account for an increase in cost of gas due to wastage. They can even result in serious damage to property if fire breaks out which can even result in fatalities. Its therefore prudent to be vigilant to prevent such occurrences so as to engage the repairman before serious damage occurs. Have you had any related incidences?

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I had it once. The cylinder was leaking gradually without any sound so nobody could actually notice that. My house was full of gas by early morning which spread over night. Luckily I sensed something unusual, may be because of the smell and I felt like suffocating. I checked the gas cylinder as the smell was intense there. Suddenly I opened all doors and windows and let the gas pass away.

There is a round rubber seal inside the gas cylinder, at the point where regulator connects to cylinder. The seal was faulty which caused the gas leakage. It would have been a big disaster if I hadn’t noticed that. The person who replaced the cylinder told me that it is important to check the seal before connecting it to the regulator.