Gas Saver

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Alexandoy • Apr 10, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What are the ways to save gas in using your car? First in my list is the speed limit. Running at a speed of 60 kph to 80 kph is giving your engine a comfortable consumption level. Next is avoiding the sudden accelation or abrupt braking since it wastes the momentum of the speed. Do you have excess baggage in your trunk? Things you don’t normally use like things for camping or a gallon of water for the radiator (a liter is enough), it consumes more gas. And not to forget the proper inflation of the tires for under-inflated tires requires more effort.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Using nitrogen in your tires instead of air is another trick. In addition, I'd have to put regular oil changes and transmission checkups in there. Finally, they say premium gas has better gas mileage. Nonetheless, I heard some cars are not supposed to use it. Can anyone clue me in on the correct info?

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I've also heard that you should try to park in the shade to help avoid evaporation of the gasoline in your tank.

I think the best thing to do. for me anyway, is to buy gas for the cheapest price. There are sites and apps that will tell you which station has the cheapest gas in your area. I usually get gas in the city, so I can just look at the varying prices and choose the least expensive one.

You can also do things like buying a shopping card at Walmart and using it to get gas at their station (which is conveniently located in the Walmart parking lot or just outside it). You save so many cents per gallon (from 3 cents to 10 cents depending on the current deal) by using the shopping card to pay for your gasoline.

@Jason76@Jason76 check your user's manual. It should tell you which kind of gas is best for your car. Check the last post here (it contains a link for more info) in the thread about

4. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    As thisinthat stated in regards to avoiding shade in order not to evaporate the gasoline is a decent method and a few people have recommended to me, you should also try to avoid driving too fast or too slow as well.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    @Zero@Zero I think a lot of these methods are too extreme. Instead, a general practice of simply using main highways to go to work, rather than city streets should reduce gas consumption. Also, one should make an effort to join various clubs where one can save on gas or be more aware of which stations are offering the lowest prices.

#5May 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017