Gel Ink Pens

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Theo • Aug 19, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've just discovered a great gel pen called 'Zebra' where you can get a pack of two retractable gel Pens for a pound in poundland. They write like a dream and has a medium tip which is more durable than a fine tip. These are cheap enough to buy as disposables, but apparently you can also refill them. If you find them, try them.

Gel pens are much better than ballpoints and now are also more affordable, and work well in all temperatures.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've always been put off by gel pens because while they look nice while they've got ink in them, I find they tend to run out insanely fast. I've even had them run out before I was done writing one page with them! Do these Zebra ones last a lot longer than ordinary ones? How long do you find they last? I may have to look into those for that money if they last well!

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well this really makes me miss all those little trends or crazes that there were as a younger man. There was always something to collect and trade. The other example I thought of was the NFL and NBA team pencils, but those were probably more popular among the boys, but maybe not. The gel pens were pretty cool though, and I know I had my fair share. Good times, and thanks for sharing.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Are gel pens available online? I have never heard of them. If only you quoted the brand name. I am an enterpreneur and always on the lookout for new things. Here in East Africa, we are used to biro pens and nib pens for early schoolers. How much do they cost? A

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm quite familiar with that brand. I think I have used, seen, or borrowed one before during my school days. It does write well and I know they're cheap too. But since my hand tends to perspire as I'm writing, I tend to stay away from gel pens and I just stick to ballpens so that the ink won't smear the paper.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of gel pens and have used them quite extensively. I find them very smooth and leakage proof in most part.

They are almost the same cost like ink pens. I buy them in packs of tens so that they are cheaper and last me longer.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've had a couple of bad experiences with gel pens. I once wrote a couple of papers with gel pens and the papers stuck together and it stained the other pages a bit. I might have not waited long enough to dry but when time is something I don't have, I prefer regular ink pens.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I remember owning several gel pens when I was a kid. Now I only own a few of them which work great, I have had some bad experiences with some but with others quite the contrary, I guess it depends on the brand or quality. The ones I own have lasted me a while now and they're so smooth to write with and a big plus about it is that it doesn't bleed through the paper.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Here due to weather, we have gel pen issues. As they often get dry quickly during the Winter. So I don't always prefer to have them around. As you can see gel pen have their own share of issues. They end up having dried ink. And it's harder to use them from that point onwards.