Generic drugs

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Oakster • Mar 21, 2014.

1. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Do you buy generic brands when you get a prescription from the doctor?
    I've started doing this and it's much cheaper and the pharmacist says they have the same effect.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd understand why most people would not buy generic drugs. They wrongly believe that since such drugs are cheaper then quite obviously to bring their prices down their quality had to be compromised. However considering the fact that governments require generic drugs to be as effective as brand-name drugs this guarantee should be reason enough to give these drugs a chance. That's why I always go for the cheaper generic drugs.

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Generic drugs are just as good as prescription drugs in my opinion. They're both useless! Well, apart from antibiotics, blood pressure tablets, and a few other 'important' drugs of that sort.

A lot of other drugs being sold over the counter have slipped through the quality testing net. Companies are not required by law to disclose the full reports of their drug trials. They can have numerous failed trials, and still be allowed to only show the very few successful ones, which allows them to get it on the shelves.

If drug trials were more regulated, a large majority would be pulled from the shelves because they only have very little affect on a small group of people.

#3Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    So you don't take any drugs besides those you mentioned? What if you get ill? What do you do?