Generic Office Supplies-- Do you use them?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by justusforus • Oct 20, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I find that most of the generic or store brands of sticky notes, copy paper, paper clips and Pens serve me just as well as national brands. I even find many of these for my home office at dollar stores. What do you think of these?

2. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Yep. They are actually mostly the only ones that I use. Generic brands work just as well as the name brands, so I don't see any point in paying more. I get a lot of my office supplies from dollar stores and discount sections in stores. I save a lot of money on office supplies when I look for the best deals. I have even bought notebooks for as little as 77 cents.

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes - I LOVE generic office products. Why do I need to pay extra for brand name and all I get is a boring pencil? The lead is still the same as well as the shape.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of generic brands for office supplies except for pens and pencils. For some reason, these two items never live up to their name brand counterparts for me.

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Cheap pens are always handy if you're going to giving them out to a ton of people and are unlikely to receive them back for whatever reason or might be in an environment when they'd get damaged. The BIC ones are quite decent.

6. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Haha. For some reason I get obsessed with trying to find the perfect pen or pencil and never liked generic brands that much even though they're probably just as good. I've always liked short pens and pencils and sometimes spend extra money to buy something that I like more than a cheap generic thing. I feel kind of bad about this because I don't put them to good use in school.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well for one, these generic brands gets the job done, I mean, a branded one versus a generic one? Can it staple my papers? Yes? Then its good. I mean, for office supplies, like staplers, pencils, pens (although I'm more careful on pens), markers, erasers etc. I don't mind the generic brands, but for office machinery such copiers, desks or printers, well, I have to go for more well known brands rather than buying a generic Chinese brand (not all Chinese brands are bad BTW)

8. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Except for pens, I don't mind buying generic office supplies. When I was younger, I had a thing for themed stationary. These days, it's about serving a purpose.

9. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    I like generic office products. I purchase padded envelopes form here and those are best..

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Just like most everyone I like generic and anything cheap that works! I go to the annual Senior Fair for they give out lots of free pens! Free is always best! Then generic or anything on sale is great!!! The back to school sale has fantastic bargains always!