Geothermal Power,how Does It Work?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by kokimboka • Nov 24, 2016.

1. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    In our country, lots of money is being used to generate geothermal power.It has been said that with this kind of power,consumers will be eased the burden of paying high electrical bills. How true is this? and how does it really work?

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    All I really know about this is that it uses heat from the Earth. I am not really sure how it does it, but I think that certain spots are rich with it and it is just a matter of being able to utilize it in the right way. I remember a story on natural spas in Japan and how it is competing with Geothermal companies for the use of the natural spas.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Based on my informal research, geothermal power is much better than solar power mainly because of the solar power's issue with the storage of energy. With geothermal, there is no storage involved and the power is spontaneous so the feeding of the electric cables are continuous in a way. However, geothermal energy system is a big investment and it is for a large-scale project that would involve supply of energy for at least one town.

4. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    Thank you for that information.Based on what you have said it seems that if this project succeeds then power shortage in our country will be a thing in the past.