Get ready for Christmas

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by jleadbet • Nov 1, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've already noticed Christmas displays in the stores. We even saw some while buying Halloween costumes in early October. The Toys R Us big toy book arrived in the mail a week ago, and I've seen plenty if ads on television. How do you keep from buying to much stuff for your kids?

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I make a budget every year that we absolutely will not go over. That's easier than ever this year because we have less money than ever, lol. Seriously though, I actually do my christmas shopping randomly throughout the year as to avoid being low on money all at once- so I just try to keep a general limit in mind and adhere to that as closely as possible. It can be hard avoiding the impulse to get and get for our kids but it's definitely nicer on our wallets if we try.

3. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    We also have a pretty tight budget. My daughter is not even two yet, so it's a bit easier to not go overboard in my opinion. I know it will be more difficult when she starts to take notice of toy commercials and hears about what her friends at school are getting. We still plan to implement a budget. I think JessiFox's suggestion is great. Shopping throughout the year seems a lot less overwhelming in many ways. My mother and sisters also get things for my daughter, so I will only be making my toddler a quiet book for Christmas. Her birthday is in February, so that is when I plan on spending a little more on her.