Get ready for pumpkins

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Jessi • Sep 28, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It's that time of year when pumpkins are in season. They're still going to be somewhat expensive before Halloween, but the prices will plummet once it gets closer.

That means, stock up. Cook them all up, puree them, and freeze all the pulp. That will make your holiday baking so much cheaper later as you wonder what to bake or make goods for gifts for Christmas or your Thanksgiving pies.

Even if you don't eat pumpkin flavored baked goods, you can still use the puree in place of oil in some goods without changing the taste.... but while still making them healthy and cheaper.

2. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I won't do pumpkins this year. I never do. I won't leave them on the porch because people just take them and destroy them. I won't leave them in the house because the kids play with them.

3. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I have to get to the store to buy some pumpkins this weekend. We usually have them in the house and outside by now. We are way behind this year. I decorated the front last month but still no pumpkins.

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love eating the pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving and how great that taste. I can't wait to smell the delicious flavors coming from the kitchen. It is a good health food also and we need as much as we can get. They are nice to decorate in the dining area as well and that makes it feel more like the holiday season. Do anyone decorate with the pumpkins and get those beautiful leaves to put around them to make it look really nice for the holidays?